Z3 Manual new owner

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
ironman69

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Z3 Manual new owner

Post by ironman69 »

Hi Guys

Thought I would introduce myself - I have just become the owner of a 2.2 2001 Z3 and love it! The car overall is in great condition for a "thirteen year old car" (that old chestnut!) and I really want to get stuck into the maintenance side of things myself.
So can anyone recommend me a comprehensive manual giving a good break down of the car which includes descriptive instructions on all aspects of maintenance etc.
Oh and where do most people on here head for parts etc

Cheers in advance

IM :)
lightning

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Re: Z3 Manual new owner

Post by lightning »

Welcome to the forum!

Routine maintenance parts such as filters etc l buy from my local car spares store.
Spare parts l buy from the BMW dealer, as almost everything is still available. There is also somebody on here who breaks Z3's, so if you needed an expensive part (a seat or a bumper for instance) he would probably be able to help.
Bowler

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Bowler »

ironman69 wrote:Hi Guys

Thought I would introduce myself - I have just become the owner of a 2.2 2001 Z3 and love it! The car overall is in great condition for a "thirteen year old car" (that old chestnut!) and I really want to get stuck into the maintenance side of things myself.
So can anyone recommend me a comprehensive manual giving a good break down of the car which includes descriptive instructions on all aspects of maintenance etc.
Oh and where do most people on here head for parts etc

Cheers in advance

IM :)
BMW don't do a specific Z manual most comprehensive is the Bentley manual from the USA, Available on e bay normally about £70.
May be able to get a copy much cheaper! Comes on a disc, over 1000 pages so if printing off buy plenty of paper and ink!
In love with driving again (its the Z effect)
ironman69

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by ironman69 »

Cheers Guys :)

Has anyone on here bought one of the disks mentioned - if so is there a prefered seller on Ebay??

IM
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

If you're looking for 2nd hand parts, get yourself introduced to Spurs Fan in a Coupe - Andy... he regularly breaks z3's and is a good source for many replacement parts. If your looking for a few small "upgrades" like center armrest, seat belt guide fix, clear headlight indicator lenses or seat lift modifications, take a look through my posts. Littlefeller does some good footwell lighting mods too....
and welcome to the forum too... :wink:
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
Not ready yet

Z3 roadster 1.8

Post by Not ready yet »

http://www.bmwz3club.fr/site/doc/manuel_Z3.pdf

I use this one, it's free..., if you get stuck I have a copy of AutoData, I will look it up on there.
Davejue1

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Davejue1 »

Cheers for sharing Terry. Be useful will that. :)

"Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional!"
BladeRunner919

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by BladeRunner919 »

For workshop info, try http://workshop-manuals.com/bmw/

The Z3 is listed under the E36 3-series section