New cover

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
Smartbear

blank

New cover

Post by Smartbear »

Mrs smartbear has just purchased a cabrioshield half cover (the breathable one) she's very pleased with it so I took a couple of pics this afternoon

Regards
HighSharpe

Z3 roadster 2.0

Re: New cover

Post by HighSharpe »

What a coincidence, was about to post about covers.
I have to move from my current flat, which has covered basement parking, to another property with secure but un covered parking. I was wondering what cover to get the car. I am concerned about the full cover abrading against the paint in high wind. Any recommendations?
Smartbear

blank

Post by Smartbear »

HighSharpe wrote:What a coincidence, was about to post about covers.
I have to move from my current flat, which has covered basement parking, to another property with secure but un covered parking. I was wondering what cover to get the car. I am concerned about the full cover abrading against the paint in high wind. Any recommendations?
Yep, see above :wink:
TWO

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by TWO »

Hi Smartbear

Please may I ask where you obtained the cover and the price?

Many thanks
Smartbear

blank

Post by Smartbear »

TWO wrote:Hi Smartbear

Please may I ask where you obtained the cover and the price?

Many thanks
Hi there, we got it from cabrioshields own website for £170 posted, it's the breathable one they do.
Regards
Koolflyer

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Koolflyer »

There's been a lot of posts here about which type of cover to get. The short cover looks the job and can't damage the paint work as a full cover can, which mine did last Jan and Feb........remember those strong winds? However, as has been reported in great length the short covers with a built in magnetic strip, have caused issues and concerns too. For me, I shall stick with my tailor made Z3 outer cover, but, also buy a soft inner cover so as to line it. Hopefully, I can find a discounted cover at the Classic Car Show at the NEC in November. :rtm:
1997 Z3 2.8 (M52) Roadster Montreal blue
2013 330d (F31) M Sport Alpine White
Rig sparky

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Rig sparky »

Cabrio shield is the mutts nuts I use the cheaper non breathable one in blue it's still really good quality for the price and it protects the motor when I'm away working offshore some times for four to six weeks at a time if I'm working abroad and so far no black marks from magnets keeps unwanted eyes from seeing into cabin and the seagull shxtx off of the roof fabric. I can't recommend enough really secure and good quality you can get them from their website or eBay the eBay
listing will take you to their website to select the options you want like tax window or reflective piping etc
Topperz

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by Topperz »

I use the bmw breathable cover for the z3

I have made it more secure from winds etc as it did blow of once on the front section

The clips grab tighter the more force that is applied and are very light,the front clips are placed at 8 o'clock on the cover buy the front wheels and 4oclock at the rear,run the bungee cords under the car and it just tightens it all up

With the clips and bungee cords it goes nowhere In any weather...and we are very exposed to the winds

I do get a very light friction mark on the bonnet at each side as cosmos black does show every mark but a quick rub with scratchX and it's gone

It's a tailored perfect fit ,folds into a small bag and machine washable

I always put it on a clean car and when I remove it after some rain,snow etc the car still looks spot on
The only bad thing about owning a Z3 is bedtime .......boing!! time for bed said zebedee

Z3 cosmos black individual 2.0

X1 /MSport XDrive 2.0d mineral white