First day - 400 miles!

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
Grazza

M roadster S50

First day - 400 miles!

Post by Grazza »

So, spur of the moment thing, flew up to Edinburgh bright and early this morning and drove back in my new Z3M! Its been around the block a bit owner wise but not too many miles and only about 4k in the last 4 years! Needs a bit of TLC and have identified a number of issues based on things I have read on the forum - sticky gear lever, window, seat motors etc. Probably paid more than I should have and think there may be more to do than I realise but it was great fun hacking over the Scottish Borders, although not so much sitting on the M6 for hours and the two stops to refuel was a bit painful! :roll:

Thanks to all those who have given me advice over the last few days. I'm hoping I can continue to get more excellent input as I work out what I need to do, first up is the issue of tyre size but I have already started a post about that.

Will post a pic when I get a chance to take one

Cheers
Brian H

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Re: First day - 400 miles!

Post by Brian H »

Were you top down on the M6 by any chance? An Estoril blue ///M passed me today. My car was on a trailer being towed by a grey vito.

Congrats on your purchase btw.
Grazza

M roadster S50

Post by Grazza »

Guilty! Yours looked so immaculate I thought mine needed to hide in shame.
Brian H

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Brian H »

Grazza wrote:Guilty! Yours looked so immaculate I thought mine needed to hide in shame.
Your car looked good on the road although please check you rear lights as something was just not right, I could not decide if you fog lamps were on or your brake lights were stuck on?

I did a similar trip when I bought my Z, I flew to Wales then drive home, nice way to start your car ownership.

Brian

P.s. Only taken me 6 years give or take a month or so to get 2000 posts :bounce:
Grazza

M roadster S50

Post by Grazza »

That would have been the fog lights :oops:
Davejue1

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Davejue1 »

Happy 2000 posts Brian! :bow

Half the fun off ownership is putting the little wrong bits right. Enjoy and may see you at some events next year. :)

Cheers
Dave

"Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional!"
Dino D

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Dino D »

I was less spur of the moment but bought my 2.8 from a forum member in Edinburgh too, unseen.
Eeasyjet in the morning and all the way back to Kent the rest of the day....

Good luck and enjoy, some pics when you get around to cleaning it (bet you'll be off driving it with no time to worry about cleaning!)
Grazza

M roadster S50

Post by Grazza »

Finally managed to take some pics, only one I have of outside is after I spent all day washing polishing etc. and re-dying and proofing the roof. Still lots of swirls in the paintwork and some rusty looking stone chips but looking good I think.

I have not to the interior yet which is a lot dirtier than it looks in the picture below

I don't think it had seen much use recently!

Only one moment of disappointment so far, the shark fin air vents are cosmetic... :shock: :o :(

However highlights are, left work early on friday with the top down because the sun was out, the way it keeps accelerating through the revs, the sound of the engine is awesome, and my son asked if he could go for a ride in daddy's racing car (however he was a little perturbed when he tried to climb into the back!)
bertiejaffa

M roadster S50

Post by bertiejaffa »

Looks good and appears to have aftermarket speakers in the door cards
Here come the girls.....
My //M Refurb
My First Zed Journal
Thesurveyor

M roadster S50

Post by Thesurveyor »

I've heard of an Alfa Spyder but looks like you have discovered the BMW Spider!
Grazza

M roadster S50

Post by Grazza »

Thanks. Door speakers were a pleasant surprise as I had heard the standard stereo was not that great. Has an Alpine head unit and amp in the boot and I think there may be something wrong with one of the door speakers so I need to take it off and have a look.

So glad I bought it, spiders and all!