Buzz topz any opinions?

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
Gordon13

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Buzz topz any opinions?

Post by Gordon13 »

I'm Looking to protect the car a bit over the winter and started looking at covers. I found a link to 'Buzz topz' on the BMWLand forum and the members there give them the thumbs up.

Any one have any experience or views on these ? they are less than half the price of Cabrio Shield ?
bentley-boy

blank

Re: Buzz topz any opinions?

Post by bentley-boy »

Hi, The Buzztop cover has been 'discussed to death' in previous posts, if you do a search on this site for the thread you can read and arrive at your own conclusion. I had a friend who bought one and it faded terribly and left black marks on the paintwork, admittedly they left it on unused for a lengthy period. The makers were offhand and unhelpful. Belting car by the way, is it a sport?

Regards BB
Gordon13

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Gordon13 »

bentley-boy wrote:Hi, The Buzztop cover has been 'discussed to death' in previous posts, if you do a search on this site for the thread you can read and arrive at your own conclusion. I had a friend who bought one and it faded terribly and left black marks on the paintwork, admittedly they left it on unused for a lengthy period. The makers were offhand and unhelpful. Belting car by the way, is it a sport?

Regards BB
Thanks, i did a search and read the various comments, maybe give them a miss :shock:

Any thoughts on the classic ? http://www.classicadditions.com/car-cov ... -half.html

Dont think this is 'breathable' but does it need to be?

BTW, its a sport.

Gordon
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

There's nothing wrong with the buzz top if you remove the magnetic strips and come up with an alternative to keeping the edge tied down for the wind. One solution might be to fit 2 straps on either side with a hook to locate into the jacking recesses under the car sills ? Wouldn't be too difficult and not bulky...perhaps even incorporate a short length of elastic to add a little extra tension. If you use something similar to seat belt type fabric, but narrower it'll be easy. An outdoors/camping type outlet might stock a variety of such... ? :wink:
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
Gordon13

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Gordon13 »

Amazing the difference 24 hours makes - every thing has changed !

Now have the Z stored under cover, so I am now after a light-weight dust cover ?
Dave L2

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Dave L2 »

Gordon13 wrote:
bentley-boy wrote:Hi, The Buzztop cover has been 'discussed to death' in previous posts, if you do a search on this site for the thread you can read and arrive at your own conclusion. I had a friend who bought one and it faded terribly and left black marks on the paintwork, admittedly they left it on unused for a lengthy period. The makers were offhand and unhelpful. Belting car by the way, is it a sport?

Regards BB
Thanks, i did a search and read the various comments, maybe give them a miss :shock:

Any thoughts on the classic ? http://www.classicadditions.com/car-cov ... -half.html

Dont think this is 'breathable' but does it need to be?

BTW, its a sport.

Gordon
I bought one of the Classic Additions ones after its recommendation in one of the other Buzz Topz threads. It fits perfectly and does exactly what you would hope it would.