Front view parking sensors

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
johnz3

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Front view parking sensors

Post by johnz3 »

I am looking for a front view parking sensor kit that will protect my the spoiler. No need for a rear kit as I am confident with reversing. Whilst also confident with front parking it is the hight of kerbs that is the problem. The spoiler is most of the time below the kerb when parking and dont want to mark the spoiler. Find I am a) parking well back from the kerb, or b) getting out of the car to see how far I am away which is a pain.

So, anyone fitted a front only kit please. Ideally not looking to drill a number of holes but something like a small cameria that lets off a 'beep' when say within six inches away.
alec.m

Z3 roadster 2.8

Re: Front view parking sensors

Post by alec.m »

Two cheap solutions:
1. Get the wife/girlfriend to get out and guide you in!
2. Reverse into space.
Simples :-)
DC

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by DC »

johnz3 wrote:I am looking for a front view parking sensor kit that will protect my the spoiler. No need for a rear kit as I am confident with reversing. Whilst also confident with front parking it is the hight of kerbs that is the problem. The spoiler is most of the time below the kerb when parking and dont want to mark the spoiler. Find I am a) parking well back from the kerb, or b) getting out of the car to see how far I am away which is a pain.

So, anyone fitted a front only kit please. Ideally not looking to drill a number of holes but something like a small cameria that lets off a 'beep' when say within six inches away.
Sounds like a good idea, There are integrated number plate sensors available and don't see why they couldn't be fitted to front rather than back.
I don't know how effective they would be, maybe someone on here has used them.
Dave.
Dave. 1998 Arctic Silver Z3 M44 1.9 Automatic
beerbelly

blank

Post by beerbelly »

veba make a numberplate camera works great on the back of my van should be able to fit one to the front and instead of wiring it into the reverse light wire it to a switched live with either a on of switch or there screens have a remote control
johnz3

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by johnz3 »

Cheers. I will google them.