Bonnet dent

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
Parki

Z3 roadster 1.9

Bonnet dent

Post by Parki »

Hi all, Happy New Year - my otherwise good celebrations have been somewhat spoilt on discovering some kind (ars)sole has 'borrowed' my 'original' radio aerial & left a large dinner plate sized dent in the bonnet (hood). I will not be able to live with it so am considering asking my local garage for estimate to beat out the dent which would probably need removal, possible respray & refitting?
Re the aerial, am planning on aralditing the replacement so it will need to be a stubby so as not to interfere with hard top removal.
Has anyone any experience of this? - would welcome any suggestions.
spurs fan in a coupe

Z3 coupe 2.8

Re: Bonnet dent

Post by spurs fan in a coupe »

Sorry to say that a bonnet dent will usually need a full respray.

If it requires much work to repair the area too I'd guess somewhere between £300 for a simple repair and re-spray to £450/£500 for a complex repair and re-spray.

Alternatively, you might be lucky and find a good condition, matching colour 2nd hand one, but unlikely at a distance close enough to make it worth it.
we expres: " He did hear the bells ringing, but doesnt know where where the clapper hangs".
peter2b

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by peter2b »

Have a look on ebay I think I Saw a green bonet on there last week when I go my titanium silver one
Peter2b
Parki

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Parki »

Thanks for your comments - will update when I've checked things out.