Cost of wheel alignment (camber + toe)

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
Keynun

Z3 roadster 2.8

Cost of wheel alignment (camber + toe)

Post by Keynun »

Hi guys,

I'm wondering whether you guys have had experience of a proper alignment and how much I should be paying.

I need the front camber (I have offset caster camber plates) and toe adjusted but I'm getting around £150 from garages in London. Does anyone have any recommendations around the London area? £150 Seems really excessive considering only the front can be adjusted, and at most, it will probably take them an hour to sort it out on a ramp.
BladeRunner919

Z3 roadster 1.9

Re: Cost of wheel alignment (camber + toe)

Post by BladeRunner919 »

Last time I had a 4 wheel alignment, on my Subaru which is adjustable at all 4 corners, it was about £60. That was in High Wycombe, so I guess that's only any good if you're on that side of London?
pingu

M roadster S50

Post by pingu »

For that price, buy the kit and do it yourself :wink: .
Pingu
Lexybhoy

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Lexybhoy »

KwikFits' national price for this service, using their excellent Hunter kit is £49:95.

My car was tramlining excessively and so I was in the process of having it done last week, but during the procedure he identified the wishbone bushes were slightly worn and the rear bushes (on the front) were badly worn. Thinking they were about to get a bumper pay day (£390 for both bushes and arms) i said I'll come back after New Year.

Car is driving great and they didn't charge me for the tracking etc as they are hopeful I'm coming back.

I'll be changing the arms and bushes myself once the better weather comes in and will get the tracking sorted at another KF branch. :)