Thyssen Krupp Exhaust any good ?

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
Vince70

Z3 roadster 1.9

Thyssen Krupp Exhaust any good ?

Post by Vince70 »

Yesterday I decided to open up my garage and get the Z3 out of storage and to my surprise it started up first turn of the key only to discover it sounded like a Corsa with a universal Halfords dustbin lid sized back box, so I had a quick look underneath to find out that the rear box had rotted along the join.

So not having much in the way of money after the A3 suspension decided to go bang I decided to go on eBay and buy a cheap back box.

This is what I bought..
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vi ... 1545926468
It just seems ridiculously cheap so is it really going to be bad quality and more a case of Krupps of Bejing than Krupps of Essen as I know I can't expect original manufacturer quality from it and have said to myself in the past when buying cheap exhausts that I would never do it again due to fitting problems and the general quality.
Koolflyer

Z3 roadster 2.8

Re: Thyssen Krupp Exhaust any good ?

Post by Koolflyer »

Hi, on Monday 27th I'm having a new s/steel cat back exhaust put onto my 2.8. The exhaust is sound but it has done 126k and I've decided to bite the bullet as I intend keeping the car. If you want the old one you can have it but you'll need to collect it from the fitters in Nuneaton. If anyone else wants it PM me.
Pete
1997 Z3 2.8 (M52) Roadster Montreal blue
2013 330d (F31) M Sport Alpine White
Rafolian

Z3 roadster 2.8

Re: Thyssen Krupp Exhaust any good ?

Post by Rafolian »

I don't think one off a 2.8 will fit a 1.9 four pot.