Could one of you kind gentlemen, suggest were to buy parts on the internet,

I have bought car parts of the e bay and they have been crap

Thank you pink
mrscalex

Z3 roadster 1.9

Re: Buying parts

Post by mrscalex »

It all depends what you want I guess.

And I wouldn't rule out Ebay as sometimes that's the only viable route, even if it's just for non-mechanical parts.

You might even be really lucky and find the part you want on the For Sale forum here. Personally I'd rather buy from forum members but what are the chances the exact part you want is for sale here?
ImageImage
2001 Z3 2.2 Topaz Blue (Trudy) - Keeper rebuilt from a write-off
2002 Z3 2.2 Titan Silver (Cookies) - Keeper rebuilt having been bought with a seized engine
2002 Z3 3.0 Sapphire Black (Peanut) - Keeper awaiting rebuilding having been bought as an abandoned project
Plus Willy, Kodak & Maycee - All 2.2 Sport projects. Yes, 6 is a lot of Z3s :)
Always happy to try and help with spares :)
bertiejaffa

M roadster S50

Post by bertiejaffa »

Usually eurocarparts or their online site carparts4less. Zroadster.org has a deal with a dealership. Some smaller parts are actually reasonable from your local dealership (depending what you're looking for). Alexander's of Somerset are reasonable for stealer parts, beyond that eBay

Of course I always go for spursfaninacoupe on here first and then anyone else...
Here come the girls.....
My //M Refurb
My First Zed Journal
BladeRunner919

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by BladeRunner919 »

Lots of the big spares companies sell on ebay - to dismiss it as a route to finding spares is rather daft. Obviously if you are buying cheap, crappy copies of parts from ebay, then you will have problems. You just need to be sensible about who you're buying from and what you're buying.
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

Many "common" replacement parts are available from Meyle. They manufacture items such as drive belts, rubber guibo's, CCV valves, rubber bushes for suspension / diff / Rear top strut mounts...etc etc and also suspension components like links with the rubber bushes already fitted... In fact I am always surprised by the range of products they do carry for BMW's... So always worth asking them first as their pricing is around 50% of the same from BMW and are of equal or better quality. There is a Meyle.uk website you can go to which will likely refer you to a stockist local to you....and you can quote them the OEM part number and /or your VIN # which they use as a stock reference number for their parts too.
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions