BMW Z3 3.0 RE-SALE PRICES

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

BMW Z3 3.0 RE-SALE PRICES

Post by Southernboy »

With all the fuss over £20k for an S54 recently, one has to speculate if this will draw the more "junior" Z3's along in time. No doubt the "affordability" of the M cars is beginning to stretch the pockets and certainly the dreams of a few members who would aspire. Has anyone been tracking the price movement, if any, of the 3.0 in recent times, or for that matter, it's siblings ? Is there a demand growing for these Z3's which have been well maintained condition with low mileages ?
It may not be apparent yet, but might be noticeable in the next few years. I find it significant that the M car prices have begun to move shortly after the Z3 attained "classic" status, and this surely has added to the numbers of potential buyers.
Perhaps it's time to begin the search for a really low mileage 3.0 or even a 2.8. I would even speculate on the pre-facelift models being the ones which will experience a price increase, if for no other reason than the body shape which is the same as the M cars... Food for thought perhaps.
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
johnz3

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Re: BMW Z3 3.0 RE-SALE PRICES

Post by johnz3 »

I had a quick look last night having brought mine for £4250 (advertised for (£5000) in Feb 2014. Seems that an up to date price is more in the region of £6000 so perhaps a positive move upwards.
Warrior

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Warrior »

Southernboy wrote: Perhaps it's time to begin the search for a really low mileage 3.0 or even a 2.8. I would even speculate on the pre-facelift models being the ones which will experience a price increase, if for no other reason than the body shape which is the same as the M cars... Food for thought perhaps.
Don't need to, already got one :D :wink:

On about 42k now. Paid £6600 for it around 4 years ago and has cost me half that in shampoo and polish! I had the wheels refurbished and new Falkens last summer, about £800 worth and i've been looking to see how prices are holding up and they still vary considerably, albeit very few around. To the right buyer I think it's holding it's money plus some.

It occasionally crosses my mind to sell for no other reason than I get fed up of going for a spin and sitting behind horseboxes, caravans, learner drivers, dustcarts.....or playing dodge the pothole around the country lanes and because it hasn't got any bigger, nor I any smaller since we first met. Being 6'2" it's not a comfortable long distance drive and I must confess my head was turned by an ageing but considerably bigger Jaguar convertible the other day to the point where I looked to see how much they are going for. I came to my senses pretty quickly...... :shock:

Don't want to hijack the thread but looking around, apart from an M, what else is there that ticks all the design, looks and power of a 3.0 Z3? If I was buying again i'd probably go for a manual but other than that unless your a proper petrol head - i'm not , and value power and performance over anything else would struggle to replace.
lightning

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by lightning »

I think prices for good 3.0 and 2.8 particularly will start to rise, although l doubt they will follow the "M" into the stratosphere.

The good thing about the Z3 is that it's got no real issues and is easy to work on. Also, unlike some "modern Classics" the Z3 seems to be reliable in older age, with very good spares availability.

Although l own a pristine low mileage 3.0 l don't like the constant rise in old car prices. Many "ordinary" cars have risen out of reach already such as Mini Coopers, old Fords, and early Land Rovers.