EASY FIT ROLL BAR WITH WINDSHIELD

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
GISPOT

Z3 roadster 1.9

EASY FIT ROLL BAR WITH WINDSHIELD

Post by GISPOT »

Hi there. I have just joined zroadster.net and am interested to know if any of you have already bought & fitted a "cosmetic" type of roll bar with windshield? I've seen a company (Deluxe Automobile) in Germany advertising them for around £280- sterling & they claim they are easy to fit & without even any drilling! They look good on their website but obviously don't have much practical "protection" value. But I still like the look of them especially as the wind break is included so has anyone else bought & fitted one? If so, what do you think of it? I have a late 1997 Z3 that I plan to fit one too. Any feedback & experiences of fitting one are welcomed.
Many thanks in advance, Simon C. in south England
Best to all for happy & safe motoring,
Simon C and ZEBEDEE
littlefeller

blank

Re: EASY FIT ROLL BAR WITH WINDSHIELD

Post by littlefeller »

I think the hoops you are referring too will block the lid to the storage compartment, not that that is a problem, mines just full of junk. you could always remove the box and fit a subwoofer in the space (keeping the lid in place). im sure I have seen a few members cars with this type of hoop fitted, try using the search feature. :)
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

Hi and welcome to the forum...

You're talking £280 excluding postage... Spurs fan in a Coupe (Andy) has a set of OEM roll hoops complete with the fitting kit and the trim... He is asking £300 - "negotiable".... Also he has an OEM wind deflector for sale... perhaps have a chat to him and perhaps you can come to a mutual agreement... At least you will have the benefit of roll hoops that will be effective if needed plus you will have the facility to fit any other brand of roll hoop which requires the OEM trim into which the posts of the hoops can be fitted........:wink:
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
GISPOT

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by GISPOT »

littlefeller wrote:I think the hoops you are referring too will block the lid to the storage compartment, not that that is a problem, mines just full of junk. you could always remove the box and fit a subwoofer in the space (keeping the lid in place). im sure I have seen a few members cars with this type of hoop fitted, try using the search feature. :)
Many thanks for that & all encouraging. So may take your advice :-))
Simon C and ZEBEDEE
GISPOT

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by GISPOT »

Southernboy wrote:Hi and welcome to the forum...

You're talking £280 excluding postage... Spurs fan in a Coupe (Andy) has a set of OEM roll hoops complete with the fitting kit and the trim... He is asking £300 - "negotiable".... Also he has an OEM wind deflector for sale... perhaps have a chat to him and perhaps you can come to a mutual agreement... At least you will have the benefit of roll hoops that will be effective if needed plus you will have the facility to fit any other brand of roll hoop which requires the OEM trim into which the posts of the hoops can be fitted........:wink:
Hi there, Thanks for welcome & interesting advice. Will give it some serious thought with the benefit of this type giving proper safety support & other future options. Is this guy based in the UK & how do I link up with him? Sorry but new this forum format! :dunce:
Best regards, Simon C.
Simon C and ZEBEDEE
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

Andy is in the UK...In fact if you look further down on the scrolling list of posts, you will see his article there today,( "For sale: OEM Z3 Roll hoops and center box") and just next he has listed the wind deflector too... You can send him a PM (Private message) or reply to his post asking him to contact you... I did note on the pics he posted, there is a fine crack in the roll hoop rubberised material...that will be easily sorted with some "superglue" in seconds, and perhaps a bit of polish... :wink:
"Normal is overrated"

GISPOT

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by GISPOT »

Southernboy wrote:Andy is in the UK...In fact if you look further down on the scrolling list of posts, you will see his article there today,( "For sale: OEM Z3 Roll hoops and center box") and just next he has listed the wind deflector too... You can send him a PM (Private message) or reply to his post asking him to contact you... I did note on the pics he posted, there is a fine crack in the roll hoop rubberised material...that will be easily sorted with some "superglue" in seconds, and perhaps a bit of polish... :wink:
Thanks again Buddy, much appreciated & shall do so later today when I get out of office at midday
Enjoy your weekend :-))
Simon C and ZEBEDEE
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

:wave
"Normal is overrated"

spurs fan in a coupe

Z3 coupe 2.8

Post by spurs fan in a coupe »

Cheers Barry

PM replied to
we expres: " He did hear the bells ringing, but doesnt know where where the clapper hangs".
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

:wink:
"Normal is overrated"