Hamilton and Palmer Alarm System

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
joneseric

Z3 roadster 2.8

Hamilton and Palmer Alarm System

Post by joneseric »

Hi fellow owners, the Z has been brought out of its winter home. MOT and service carried out and a new front section cat installed. All is now well, however I am trying to understand the alarm system. The system is an aftermarket Hamilton and Palmer system, I believe these units were fitted on behalf of BMW to early cars. To start the car, an electronic key is inserted into a socket located on the top left of the steering colum cowl, there is also a small red light that flashes. There are also two sensors located on the top left and right A pillars.

My problem is that i have no information on its operation. H&P stopped supporting these units some time ago, although they do provide a replacement key service. Really I have 2 questions, does anyone have any info on the operation of the system and has anyone had the system removed or de- activated.

Thank you

Eric
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Re: Hamilton and Palmer Alarm System

Post by Jonttt »

H&P also fitted units for porsche GB to bring the cars in line with UK spec in the 1990's. My 993 has the pa1000 system which superseded the one you have (with the immobilsor blade I think it was a pa100).

I've left mine in as they are good systems. It is possible to remove them and replace with a more modern system.

Common problems are the siren battery backup giving up and the red master fob being lost which is needed to code new fobs on pre pa2000 systems.

Give H&P a call. Their customer service is excellent and they should have a copy manual they can send you. They will certainly talk you through it.
Happiness is not around the corner........happiness is the corner
Image Video or Journal Garage: 2015 FFRR Black Edition, Porsche Boxster GTS, 1997 Porsche Carrara C4S, Ex 2001 BMW S54 Z3m Roadster
joneseric

Z3 roadster 2.8

Re: Hamilton and Palmer Alarm System

Post by joneseric »

Thank you for very useful reply. I took the center console out and your right it's PA100. I think some parts the installation are missing judging by the amount of taped together joints. I traced H&P on the web and have written then a screed plus photoes. I'll report back what I find out.

Thank you

Eric