radio service mode

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
Neutro999

Z3 roadster 3.0i

radio service mode

Post by Neutro999 »

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know how to access the service menu in the OEM BMW Business RDS cassette head unit? I want to set up the GALA (where the volume increases as your speed increases and you dont have to keep turning the volume up with the knob)

I cant find it in the manual and tried this method i seen online yesterday but can't get it to work :?
Radio Type: Blaupunkt Radio CD43
Found on vehicle: E36/7: Z3
1. Ignition key into Position 1.
2. Turn the radio OFF and ON again.
3. Press and hold the "m" button for 5 seconds.
4. Turn radio OFF to deactivate Service Functions.

any ideas?
Neutro999~

p.s. also it seems my sig has been hacked somehow :shock:
'01 Z3 3.0i with black leathers - a.k.a 'The Rebel'
Boosh

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Re: radio service mode

Post by Boosh »

Hi, Neutro999,
I'm not sure it helps, but my Business CD stereo does not require a long press on 'M' at all: a few short presses on the music note symbol (between - and +) goes from 'Bass', through 'Treb', 'Fadr', and 'Bal', finally to SPEED VOLUME. The - and + buttons can be used to adjust previous criteria to taste. A graphic display for all but last menu illustrates available range. Speed Volume is adjusted with same - and + buttons, but settings go from 1 to 6 accordingly.
Hope that sort of helps,

Boosh.
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

Neutro999 wrote:p.s. also it seems my sig has been hacked somehow :shock:
In what way? It looks fine to me. :shrug

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
bowei001

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by bowei001 »

To get into service mode with the RDS Business cassette radio, you need to switch the radio on and immediately press the TP button (top right) and hold it down for about 8 seconds. The radio serial number should come up in the display. Then you can release the button and scroll through the menu with the radio's arrow buttons either side of the "m" button. When you get to GAL you have a choice of 1-6 values which you change with the radio channel buttons below the display, the number on the button 1-2, 3-4, 5-6 that you push will give you that GAL value. I've just checked this on my RDS Business cassette radio and it works. When you have set it up I would be interested to know whether the loudness changes with speed for you because I can't detect much difference.