Service reset

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
peter2b

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Service reset

Post by peter2b »

If any one who is going to Shepshed meet that has a reset thingy that resets the sevice lights that they could pop in their boot beer voucher waiting :)
Peter2b
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Re: Service reset

Post by gookah »

peter2b wrote:If any one who is going to Shepshed meet that has a reset thingy that resets the sevice lights that they could pop in their boot beer voucher waiting :)
Peter2b
I will be bringing all of my kit including INPA and laptop.. if anyone wants anything doing.

Z3 2.8 Progress Journal (Mine)
Z3 1.9 Sport Progress Journal (Wifey's)

I have an element of 'M-styling' on my car, If that's a good enough reason for the manufacturers to adorn a 320 with the M badge, then its certainly a good enough reason for me..
saturdaygig

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by saturdaygig »

I think there's a simple reset with a wire that anyone can do. There's a full instruction here somewhere but I couldn't find it just now. Anyone know?
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

Here's a link to a 1 min youtube video..."How to without the reset tool" on a Z3.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UZP471VLiY
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
peter2b

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by peter2b »

gookah wrote:
peter2b wrote:If any one who is going to Shepshed meet that has a reset thingy that resets the sevice lights that they could pop in their boot beer voucher waiting :)
Peter2b
I will be bringing all of my kit including INPA and laptop.. if anyone wants anything doing.
cheers see you there
peter2b
saturdaygig

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by saturdaygig »

Southernboy wrote:Here's a link to a 1 min youtube video..."How to without the reset tool" on a Z3.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UZP471VLiY
Brilliant. A full service using a paper clip. Five lights on.
Neutro999

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Neutro999 »

how do you do the brake fluid one? (the clock symbol) - I had mine done at a local indie and its still on :( - was considering taking it to a stealer with all the paperwork (used genuine brake fluid from ebay bmw store) to see if they would reset it but i expect they will try and charge me :roll:
'01 Z3 3.0i with black leathers - a.k.a 'The Rebel'
Brian H

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Brian H »

Neutro999 wrote:how do you do the brake fluid one? (the clock symbol) - I had mine done at a local indie and its still on :( - was considering taking it to a stealer with all the paperwork (used genuine brake fluid from ebay bmw store) to see if they would reset it but i expect they will try and charge me :roll:
Same procedure as an oil reset but just hold on the terminals for a different amount of time, I think it is in the knowledge base.
Del

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Del »

I use one of these on my 1998 Z3 - nice and safe and easy :)
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-E30-E34-E ... 5d4c441814
Neutro999

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Neutro999 »

Same procedure as an oil reset but just hold on the terminals for a different amount of time, I think it is in the knowledge base.
I had a read through knowledge base about reseting and I think if I do that then it will reset the oil/inspection interval aswell which I don't want to do that - i just want to remove the clock symbol to say I had the brake fluid done :? From what I've read though that might be the only way you can do it with a DIY job :head:
'01 Z3 3.0i with black leathers - a.k.a 'The Rebel'