servicing

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
Mr Tim

Z3 roadster 2.8

servicing

Post by Mr Tim »

seeing Chris got a great deal for 24 of us with regards warranty`s how about if we got together and said to the dealer a group of us say the same 24 or more and see want deal we can get on servicing from a dealer i have heard these horror store`s like inspection 2 was £900
so what do you think guys lets get together and see what we can get say the same 35% discout we could all use the one dealer worth the drive if we get a good deal

Mr Tim 8-)
Ross

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Ross »

Cracking idea.......count me in on that one, prices seem to vary so much from dealer to dealer, to stay with one and get a discount would be great! :)
Ross - 2.8 Montreal Blue
hannanp

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by hannanp »

Very interested, based in west london
komis

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by komis »

Me 2, although this would be more difficult, given the fact not everyone would be able to travel to London in order to save 35% (only to spend it on fuel!!!)

This is a GREAT idea and it would be even better if we could organise "fix it" days too, but it would need to be organised for 4-5 groups (one for each region).

I wouldn't mind being involved in organising something for the Glasgow/Scotland area.
wwwwOOOff!!!
Mr Tim

Z3 roadster 2.8

Hello!!

Post by Mr Tim »

spend it on fuel if one guy got quoted £900 35% discount means a saving £350 hey alot of fuel yes but i was hoping more people would jump for this i spoke to chris and i hope he will take this forward i am speaking to my local dealer and see how they feel but the more people that get on board the more muscle we have lets stop these people taking the peee out of there customer`s

Mr Tim 8-)
slickster22

M roadster S50

Post by slickster22 »

Definately interested based in Oxford.
komis

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by komis »

Sure thing MrTim it'd cost me around £100 in fuel so my saving would be about £200. Around the same as taking it to my independent friend perhaps?

I would still like to get it done by a BMW garage and I'd enjoy the drive but the cost also involves days I need to take off work, accommodation while the car is getting fixed, gf nagging cause I didn't spend the weekend with her etc. etc.

Correct me if I'm wrong on this one, but I dont see why any dealer would agree to give such a large discount unless the whole thing was done in one big lot (like a fixit day or something). If he got his engineers to work on just our Z3s for a day or so, then he'd be able to get more cars fixed so he'd be able to offer a discount (assuming he pays engineers per month, not per hour). So we'd also need to fix a day that's good for everyone...
wwwwOOOff!!!
Ross

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Ross »

Guys, did this come to anything or is it still under investigation.

Due for an Insp II, been quoted £525 by two dealers......anyone got any thoughts on this quote?
Ross - 2.8 Montreal Blue
Mr Tim

Z3 roadster 2.8

service

Post by Mr Tim »

as yet nothing happening but i am taking mine to http://www.harpendenautos.co.uk
when she needs serviceing

Mr Tim 8-)
pingu

M roadster S50

Post by pingu »

£525 is about right if it includes the coolant and brake fluid changes. About £100 to £150 too much if it doesn't include them.

It also depends on where the garage is - cost of premises, etc. Sorry, I don't know where Witham is.

Try supplying your own oil and spark plugs. That should cut the cost right down.
Pingu