Horn cable connectors

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
Inferno

Z3 roadster 1.8

Horn cable connectors

Post by Inferno »

I changed myself the horns yesterday, and i discovered that the cable connectors that goes on the horns are both in VERY bad shape. anyway horns worked fine, until i took the car for a spin, after i returned i realized that horns once again wasn't working. With a fast check i saw that cable connectors had been disconnected from the horns. Does anybody knows if that part can be replaced and what is it's part number? i can't find it on realOEM or BMWfans.info
Brian H

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Re: Horn cable connectors

Post by Brian H »

You could cut off the old connectors and splice new ones on, I have a loom on a car that is being broken, if they are in good nick I'll post them to you. I'll go and get some pics.
Mike Fishwick

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Mike Fishwick »

I'm puzzled - do you mean the connectors on the ends of the horm cables, or those on the horns themselves? Those on the cables are easy enough to buy from any motor factor, but those on the horns are part of the horn itself - and surely you would have noticed this when you replaced the horns?

If 'The cable connectors had been disconnected from the horns' then how did the horns work before you went for a drive?
A Z3 is not just for Christmas - it's for life!
Inferno

Z3 roadster 1.8

Post by Inferno »

I mean the connectors on the end of the horn cables they are in a bad shape and they don't secure on the horns. I had to change my previous horns because they took water. I installed the new horns i tested them and they was working. After i took the car for a drive the cables disconnected from the horns. I connected them again yesterday and they are working again but i am not sure how long it will stay that way

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk