Value for money

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
Tilly

M roadster S50

Value for money

Post by Tilly »

The message about the value for money of our cars appears to be spreading.

http://www.classicheroes.co.uk/news/223 ... ek-30-9-15
ARoosterinaRoadster

Z3 roadster 2.0

Re: Value for money

Post by ARoosterinaRoadster »

Tilly wrote:The message about the value for money of our cars appears to be spreading.

Hi Tilly. Yes,there are some really nice cars appearing at present and that is across the whole ranger of models albeit there seems to be a glut of 4 pot 1.8 & 1.9 examples and especially with the auto boxes.
The hardtops are being advertised but many will fall foul of not getting the fitting kits and both the hardtops and fitting kits are fetching really rally silly money at present - almost as though they are being used as substitutes for ransom money !!!
Colour plays a huge part in the eventual cost and hardtops are fetching upwards of £500.00 with fitting kits pulling £450+ and as a complete unit - it is anyone's guess.

Speaking of "Value for Money" I have got four original and exceptionally good Z3 Alloy Wheels with Maxxis Victra 255/50 ZR16 tyres that have only covered 4,500 miles going begging - they would really look good on your car in place of the existing ones.
I replaced them with "M" Series staggered and new rubber earlier this year.
Happiness is a well kept Z3 and preferably running with the hood down - weather permitting.
Tilly

M roadster S50

Post by Tilly »

ARoosterinaRoadster wrote:
Tilly wrote:The message about the value for money of our cars appears to be spreading.

Hi Tilly. Yes,there are some really nice cars appearing at present and that is across the whole ranger of models albeit there seems to be a glut of 4 pot 1.8 & 1.9 examples and especially with the auto boxes.
The hardtops are being advertised but many will fall foul of not getting the fitting kits and both the hardtops and fitting kits are fetching really rally silly money at present - almost as though they are being used as substitutes for ransom money !!!
Colour plays a huge part in the eventual cost and hardtops are fetching upwards of £500.00 with fitting kits pulling £450+ and as a complete unit - it is anyone's guess.

Speaking of "Value for Money" I have got four original and exceptionally good Z3 Alloy Wheels with Maxxis Victra 255/50 ZR16 tyres that have only covered 4,500 miles going begging - they would really look good on your car in place of the existing ones.
I replaced them with "M" Series staggered and new rubber earlier this year.

Hi ARoosterinaRoadster

Totally agree about hard top costs. As for a glut of autos, in the South there seems to be a paucity.

Thanks for the offer of the wheels but just got ours refurbished and the tyres are relatively new. I am sure somebody else on the forum would be interested.
lightning

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by lightning »

I have a show condition Topaz Blue 3.0 M Sport, with hardtop. It's absolutely pristine with not a single stone chip, and has only done 55,000 miles with a mountain of history and letters from previous owner, etc.

Although l am not actively selling it, l'd consider selling it if negotiations started around the £8k mark (including the hardtop which could be sold on if not needed)

It's in near concours condition and it surely the best you will get. I've spent £1500 just on detail items! It's got aircon, cruise control, four new tyres, just been serviced (including spark plugs etc not just an oil change) has the tonneau and wind deflector, no seat bolster wear on the cream leather sports seats, as new carpets under genuine BMW overmats, no diff mount issues (later version with uprated mount), chrome side vents with the originals included if you prefer, etc

Anyway, l have had a couple of people interested but nobody has been to see the car....l am prepared to look at offers but not when the interested party has not seen the car!!

It won a cup at a local show this year for "best modern classic" but since getting back into mountain biking in 2013 l've not really used it except for shows.
In fact it's currently on SORN in my garage.
6 pot roadster

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by 6 pot roadster »

At the other end of the scale, I'm selling my 'Z' it's a 2.8 manual and at 1200 or offers represents fantastic value. Obviously it would benefit from a little work at this price but there are no outstanding issues it drives well and brakes without pulling.
lightning

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by lightning »

Somebody must buy it at that price.....a good running 2.8 Z3 for £1200!

I'm not bothered if mine doesn't sell, as l love it and will never get another as good.
littlefeller

blank

Post by littlefeller »

6 pot roadster wrote:At the other end of the scale, I'm selling my 'Z' it's a 2.8 manual and at 1200 or offers represents fantastic value. Obviously it would benefit from a little work at this price but there are no outstanding issues it drives well and brakes without pulling.
i may know a certain son in law who might be interested, but that would depend on how far away you are, do you have pics? ah just noticed your in mac, that might be abit far but i will ask him anyway :)
littlefeller

blank

Post by littlefeller »

actually its only 104 miles, he might be ok with that :)
6 pot roadster

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by 6 pot roadster »

I posted a link to eBay (which obviously has pics) I'm still struggling to post images in here
ARoosterinaRoadster

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by ARoosterinaRoadster »

6 pot roadster wrote:I posted a link to eBay (which obviously has pics) I'm still struggling to post images in here
Hi 6 pot roadster. The link has not appeared on here. It might be easier to just type in the item number !!!!!!
Happiness is a well kept Z3 and preferably running with the hood down - weather permitting.
BladeRunner919

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by BladeRunner919 »

The link was in a different post. It's: http://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/141794442671
littlefeller

blank

Post by littlefeller »

if you end up with a time waster winning bid, send me a pm :)
lightning

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by lightning »

I've had a few people interested in my show winning Z3 3.0. It is not actively for sale, but l am open to offers. I love the car but hardly use it.

Most have wanted to negotiate prices without coming to see the car.....if anybody actually came to see it, l would be happy to accept a fair offer.
But l'm not doing it over the phone when the potential buyer has not even seen the car! The first person to view it will buy it.