Rafolian wrote:WTF??????????????
Which bit?
The bit about leaving!!!
Don't panic I'm still here :lol:
nickp

Z3 roadster 2.8

Re: New owner - Z3 2.8

Post by nickp »

Southernboy wrote:...... and this is the same car at the time I bought it... :wink:

A stunning transformation sir :)
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

Thanks - 'twas lots of fun doing it too.
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
nickp

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by nickp »

Southernboy wrote:Thanks - 'twas lots of fun doing it too.
Yes, I bet swapping the interior was a laugh a minute :lol:
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

Actually it's a lot easier than it appears at first. Lots of screws getting the trim off. The dash was the most fiddly because of the switches / wiring stuff. But even that wasn't very complicated. I had the dash out several times for various reasons, and eventually I could get it out in less than a 1/2 hour. Getting it back in was easy enough, but with the fiddly re-connection of wiring, and the limited space to work in sometimes, that always took a little longer. Finding all the "new" bits took long though... and getting the original beige fitted carpet out was a PITA... anyhow, I certainly learnt how the Z3 was made and fitted out. :wink:
"Normal is overrated"

Bonzo

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Bonzo »

nickp wrote:
Bonzo wrote:
nickp wrote:I think I'll do my Z business over on .org from now on, there seems to be less tools of the non-mechanical variety over there :thumb:

Thanks to those decent folk that did welcome me and showed an interest in my vehicles however big or little the differences may be.

:wave

PS. Admins, please feel free to delete this thread in case it puts off other new owners/members, and my account too.
Nick, if you look back at my first post to this thread you will see that I did indeed welcome you to.net. Also I vehemently believe in the right of free expression in any form provided it does not offend, and that includes your right to have //M badges on your 2.8 Z3. But to me it is akin to going out with a couple of pairs of socks pushed down the front of your underpants! :shock: Just because we feel differently about this could be a generational thing. All I do know was my old dad telling me that, "Honesty is the best policy son, and never try to make out you are something that you're not." Well I suppose that was about 50+ years ago so you probably consider me a B.O.F., or something worse, but it's something I have lived by ever since. My posts were an adult attempt to put my point across, inviting a lively adult response. NO malice was intended (and I didn't tell anyone to " piss off." even with a smiley after it !)

Nick I think your sports car project is fantastic, I wish I was young enough and skilled enough (with an understanding wife) to attempt something like that, and I wish you the best of luck with it....... Perhaps you could put an //N badge on it! :D

Oh, by the way Nick, I was banned from .org for exercising an adult and barbed sense of humour and content. :shock:

Cheers, :cheers

Bonzo.
Yes you did initially welcome me and thank you for that, but then it all went a bit nit-picky. Presumably because I didn't bow down and concede what a terrible dishonest person I am for even considering driving away from the previous owners place with the M badges still attached?
The M badges were literally the least important thing when I went to buy the car and I hadn't given them a thought until this thread degenerated the way it did. I aren't one for 'polishing a turd' and intend to improve the car in all aspects of performance. Once all this is done and I'm happy with the car it will still remain irrelevant what badges it has or hasn't got on it.
So, can we leave all this M nonsense and let me concentrate on making my Z3 better and building a ballistic M52 powered sports car? I'm sure many of you will be interested to hear and possibly even try out what a Z3 engine's like in a chassis with less than half the weight :)

PS The 'N' badge isn't a bad idea but I'll need to check no-one is policing that letter first before fitting them :wink:
Hi everyone, looks like we're going to have to agree to disagree with fitting //M badges on CARS, but I'm just curious to know, is there anyone out there that actually agrees with me? Anyway, my //M steering wheel and seats were factory fit options, but the Alpina Softline alloys, must have been fitted by a previous owner, for which I am eternally grateful as I think they are superb. And of course Alpina and BMW have strong factory connections.
Barry, you have done an amazing job of work on your Z3, all credit to you for it, and for the help and advice you have given to me and countless other forum members. As you know I am a beige leather and wood trim man myself, so what you have done is not to my taste, but the important thing is that we are both very happy with what we have got.

By the way I fitted my Strong Strut body brace the other day, but the weather has been so awful here that Z3lda hasn't had a run out yet to see the affect it has on the handling.

Regards to all, :cheers

Bonzo.
Z3lda (Zelda), 1998 2.8, Montreal Blue, Beige Oregon leather interior and M steering wheel, Sports Seats, Wood trim, Chrome Line Interior, Centre armrest with Cupholder, Alpina Softline wheels, Chromed Angel Eyes, De- tango'd, Rear stone guards, Sport aerial, ASC front strut brace, Strong Strut Butt Strut and Body Brace, Uprated brake fluid, Yellowstuff pads 78k.
BladeRunner919

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by BladeRunner919 »

BMW have taken to sticking M badges on pretty much everything these days irrespective of whether it's an M or not, so I don't think anyone can really criticise!
Bonzo

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Bonzo »

Agreed, now it seems more about body kits and interiors, and false amplified exhaust notes through the stereo speakers. But it's the Z3 //M's that the hoo- ha was about. :)

Bonzo
Z3lda (Zelda), 1998 2.8, Montreal Blue, Beige Oregon leather interior and M steering wheel, Sports Seats, Wood trim, Chrome Line Interior, Centre armrest with Cupholder, Alpina Softline wheels, Chromed Angel Eyes, De- tango'd, Rear stone guards, Sport aerial, ASC front strut brace, Strong Strut Butt Strut and Body Brace, Uprated brake fluid, Yellowstuff pads 78k.
Bonzo

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Bonzo »

Hi Nick, I see from .org that you have fitted the same front strut brace as me. What do you think of it?

Bonzo.
littlefeller

blank

Post by littlefeller »

nickp wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

Do you think it might be OK to transfer the M badges onto the M52B28 powered Haynes Roadster that I'm building, once it's finished?
It is been built and developed by my very own in house 'Motorsport Division' (me :wink: ), and at 400+BHP/TON it should easily outperform any road going M car ever built :shock: :)
I'll leave the badges where they are for now so I know where to find them :thumb:

welcome, keep us posted :P
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

Ditto !
"Normal is overrated"

nickp

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by nickp »

Bonzo wrote:Hi Nick, I see from .org that you have fitted the same front strut brace as me. What do you think of it?

Bonzo.
It wasn't a great fit tbh but seems pretty sturdy. It took a bit of persuasion to fit but once it's on it's on :wink:
littlefeller

blank

Post by littlefeller »

haven't been on the locost sight for years, i was following an american chap who took a front wheel drive honda vtec engine and built a mid engined roaster, great car, it was called something like minova or something similar.
nickp

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by nickp »

Got the wheels collected this weekend and they are pretty sexy tbh 8-)

Will get my bargain tyres fitted tomorrow and see how they look-

Bonzo

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Bonzo »

littlefeller wrote:haven't been on the locost sight for years, i was following an american chap who took a front wheel drive honda vtec engine and built a mid engined roaster, great car, it was called something like minova or something similar.
Was it a Creda, or possibly a Belling? :D
nickp

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by nickp »

'New' tyres fitted and 'new' wheels bolted on. Car desperately needs lowering but the wheels seem a perfect fit and I reckon really suit the car 8-)