classic car show NEC

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
peter2b

Z3 roadster 2.2i

classic car show NEC

Post by peter2b »

just found out there is a classic car show on at the NEC over the week end 13-15th Nov I plan to go on the Saturday any one else going
peter2b
BladeRunner919

Z3 roadster 1.9

Re: classic car show NEC

Post by BladeRunner919 »

I went last year - it's a very good show. Not sure if I'm going this year.
Koolflyer

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Koolflyer »

Rocky Dave and myself have been going for the last six years. The show gets bigger and better each year. We're going on Friday this year as I'm working over the weekend. Certainly a brilliant day out......as long as you like cars :thumb:
Last edited by Koolflyer on Tue 03 Nov, 2015 17:08, edited 1 time in total.
1997 Z3 2.8 (M52) Roadster Montreal blue
2013 330d (F31) M Sport Alpine White
mwpe

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by mwpe »

I will be there on the Saturday :)
peter2b

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by peter2b »

mwpe wrote:I will be there on the Saturday :)
might see you there
peter2b
noZyet

blank.gif

Post by noZyet »

Went last year stayed at a hotel just over the lake from the NEC 5 mins walk - but if you are just going for the day, park in a side road or carpark at the next station or two down the line from NEC and get on the train it's far less hassle than getting in and out of the facility itself.
It's a great show but won't do it again this year - perhaps next . . . . .
lightning

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by lightning »

I don't like indoor car shows.

I know.....it should be the other way round! But l went to one at Media City near the Trafford Centre recently and it just felt a bit, well, claustrophobic. I've been to the NEC one and l didn't like that either.

But if you are going to have a car show in November, there's no other way to do it. Warm and dry guaranteed.
Last edited by lightning on Thu 05 Nov, 2015 08:33, edited 1 time in total.
Bonzo

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Bonzo »

I have been to the NEC show for the last two years, very good and lots to see, but so many people there, made getting around a bit slow. So yes, claustrophobic in that way perhaps.
Z3lda (Zelda), 1998 2.8, Montreal Blue, Beige Oregon leather interior and M steering wheel, Sports Seats, Wood trim, Chrome Line Interior, Centre armrest with Cupholder, Alpina Softline wheels, Chromed Angel Eyes, De- tango'd, Rear stone guards, Sport aerial, ASC front strut brace, Strong Strut Butt Strut and Body Brace, Uprated brake fluid, Yellowstuff pads 78k.
Alan W

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Alan W »

I'll be there on the Sunday!
1999 facelit Z3 Roadster 2.8 Auto in Cosmos Black aka 'Gloria'
Bonzo

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Bonzo »

Can you please have a look on the Maserati stand for me, and if they have an old A6GC Spyder or Coupe on display, or anything from the 50's or 60's take some pics and post them up?
Many thanks,
Cheers,
Bonzo.
Z3lda (Zelda), 1998 2.8, Montreal Blue, Beige Oregon leather interior and M steering wheel, Sports Seats, Wood trim, Chrome Line Interior, Centre armrest with Cupholder, Alpina Softline wheels, Chromed Angel Eyes, De- tango'd, Rear stone guards, Sport aerial, ASC front strut brace, Strong Strut Butt Strut and Body Brace, Uprated brake fluid, Yellowstuff pads 78k.
peter2b

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by peter2b »

just got back home, think you need at least 2 days to see everything I will have a look through the photos I took to see if there are any masrati on there, 1 good thing and 1 bad thing 1st the engine light went off on the way down there but on the way back my passenger thought my door wasn't shut fully so reached over me and nearly pulled the door card off plus the trim around the door release handle
peter2b
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

lightning wrote:l went to one at Media City near the Trafford Centre recently and it just felt a bit, well, claustrophobic.
I think you mean Event City - Media City is on Salford Quays. And if you mean the Footman James Classic Car Show, then you would likely have seen my Sprite on the Austin-Healey stand - though as I was dying of the lurgy at the time, I wasn't there. I can't see it feels claustrophobic, as the building it is in is an old tobacco warehouse and it really is massive, but it definitely has a different feel to the outdoor shows, and there is definitely no bbq!

I'd like to have a look at the NEC show, though I think I'd just go as a visitor rather than trying to get my car down to Brum. The club usually put on quite a good display and it seems that they have more money to spend on lighting and effects than we do. Mind you, we made it into Classic Car Weekly last year as a star attraction and they didn't. :D

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
peter2b

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by peter2b »

there is another classic show next year Sunday 1st August 2016 Graves Park Boston Lincs PE20 1LR
peter2b
Koolflyer

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Koolflyer »

We went on the Friday as planned and as usual had a brilliant day, walking 4.2 miles throughout the 6 halls! (Rocky Dave set his walking thingy app on his moby!). This is the sixth year we've been going and it just gets bigger and bigger, possibly getting to the point where there is too much of the same thing?? The only Z3 we saw was in the Silverstone Auction which was an Estoril Blue 2003 Z3M which went for £21600 http://www.silverstoneauctions.com/2003 ... adster-s54

As peter2b said two days would do it justice, as there was just so much to see and take in, plus my legs were knackered! :thumb:
1997 Z3 2.8 (M52) Roadster Montreal blue
2013 330d (F31) M Sport Alpine White
the_youth

M roadster S50

Post by the_youth »

I went. There were 2 Z3Ms in the Silverstone auction. A S54 with hardtop which sold for £21,600 and a S50 which didn't sell. Estimated price was between £20-£25k on both. The S50 was low mileage. Both estoril blue.
Spent a good four hours there and hardly saw any of it. You'd need a good couple of days to really see the whole thing. I also felt that this year there were much less exotica than the year before.