As requested - BMW 135i findings

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
Z3andZ4

Z3 roadster 3.0i

As requested - BMW 135i findings

Post by Z3andZ4 »

You might be shocked to read this..............

As some of you know I had a 53 plate 320i Sport, primarily my wife's wheels.

However, I found this a real barge after coming out of any of the rest of the fleet, so when it got a bit leggy (98k miles) I knew I could sell it easily and started the research on its replacement. I spent ages reviewing what would work for my wife - and also make my change of drive from the Z3, Z4 and Z4m coupe less startling. Our requirements of her car was to have a BMW with more than two seats, something that looked good and something that 'went' well.

Long and short I bought the 135i. I had never thought about a 1 series, nor an auto box, nor a turbo, nor a chavved up non-OEM car.

However, the car is simply sensational. It met the basic needs re sets etc and I am constantly amazed at how fast it is, how easy to drive it is - especially in Sport mode. My only bitch is the poor mpg in winter/cold weather. Even driven vigorously I can get over 30mpg, but when someone else drives it - hammering the accelerator when still cold and stop start short distances this drops to 20 or worse. The alloys are also kerb magnets and I have given up paying £65 to have the passenger side front repaired as it's days/weeks before it's (strangely) been kerbed by someone.

It feels as quick as the Z4M coupe in manual paddle Sport mode and accelerates through the box soooooo smoothly it is unreal. It sounds great too when the turbo's are powered into life.

It is not a classic and will never ever be anything like the other BM's we have - but it is a looker and is not a barge.

I will follow this thread with some photos - those of you interested it's had the Bird's treatment - B1 Sport suspension springs, B1 anti-roll bar, Quaife LSD and Hartge Classic 2 alloys, swapping out the run flats with decent fat rubber - so as you will see when I get the photos up it has a 1M look with the arches full. The lights have also been upgraded front and rear.

To say I have been shocked and impressed is a huge under-statement. I've had M3's galore over the years and this knocks spots off them all.

My fleet is complete now, well unless I see a decent Z3M and swap out my super-quick Z3 - which is always on my mind.............

Thanks for indulging me and allowing me to share an unexpected BMW experience.
2001 Z3 3 litre Sport Roadster - titanium and special
2006 Z4M coupe - Interlagos and red
http://i1167.photobucket.com/albums/q62 ... huiwqu.jpg
Z3andZ4

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Re: As requested - BMW 135i photos

Post by Z3andZ4 »

I fear I have not done the photobucket correctly again - but if this is my whole photo folder there are 4 stunning photos of the 135i in here as described.

http://s1167.photobucket.com/user/Z3and ... z.jpg.html
2001 Z3 3 litre Sport Roadster - titanium and special
2006 Z4M coupe - Interlagos and red
http://i1167.photobucket.com/albums/q62 ... huiwqu.jpg
ALPHA 3.0i Z3

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Re: As requested - BMW 135i findings

Post by ALPHA 3.0i Z3 »

Nice resume. Sweet looking car....BUT the thing i notice most is the interior of your Z3 is exactly the same as mine!! Love it ...its what attracted me to the car and travel to Harrogate from Bridgend south wales to buy it. I'll have to get a Photobucket thing going.....do you go to any of the meets Z?
Who says size doesn't matter? After a straight 6 3.0 litre....Its hard to go back .