Clarification requested.please

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
Flight

blank

Clarification requested.please

Post by Flight »

Sorry for my ignorance, but what makes a Z3 into a Z3 sport. What is the difference? I thought Z3s came in roadster and coupe form with various engines and trims. Is there another level between standard, and the Z3M. My own Z3 3.0i has what I would call a nice spec, but would it be called a sport? I have read on this forum some owners class their cars as sport hence the confusion.
Cheers
Flight
ALPHA 3.0i Z3

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Re: Clarification requested.please

Post by ALPHA 3.0i Z3 »

If I'm right its trim levels, suspension, interior and seats being the main...wheels are generally different as well.i specifically looked for a 3.0i sport ....even though 3.0 seem to be rare....and the general difference was as I've atated.
No expert but hope this helps
A
Who says size doesn't matter? After a straight 6 3.0 litre....Its hard to go back .
Brian H

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Brian H »

ALPHA 3.0i Z3 wrote:If I'm right its trim levels, suspension, interior and seats being the main...wheels are generally different as well.i specifically looked for a 3.0i sport ....even though 3.0 seem to be rare....and the general difference was as I've atated.
No expert but hope this helps
A
^^Summed up nicely.

There are a few easy tell tales when looking for the difference between the 3.0 and 3.0i on standard unmodified cars albeit there may be a few rouge cars out there that had special items specified from new.

Images courtesy of the tinternet :)

the 3.0 has a standard front lower grill

the 3.0i has a mesh front lower grill

the 3.0 has a standard silver centre console

the 3.0i has a brushed aluminium centre console
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

clear centre rear brake light also, and clear indicators.
Thicker anti roll bars, and 15mm lower suspension.

Z3 2.8 Progress Journal (Mine)
Z3 1.9 Sport Progress Journal (Wifey's)

I have an element of 'M-styling' on my car, If that's a good enough reason for the manufacturers to adorn a 320 with the M badge, then its certainly a good enough reason for me..