Issue with posting images - again.

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
ARoosterinaRoadster

Z3 roadster 2.0

Issue with posting images - again.

Post by ARoosterinaRoadster »

Hi Admin and you all.
I had attempted to post images of a Z1 into the Z1 side of the forum but was greeted with the message that I had reached my limit ???
It is absolutely ages since I posted the images of my own Z3 onto the forum and I am perplexed.
I had resized the images into another part of my PC and then clicked on Upload Attachment and then Browse and then Add File - then the message.

Suggestions please.
Happiness is a well kept Z3 and preferably running with the hood down - weather permitting.
alec.m

Z3 roadster 2.8

Re: Issue with posting images - again.

Post by alec.m »

Read this, it explains how to post pics on here.

http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7658
Koolflyer

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Koolflyer »

If you download Photobucket you can resize, crop etc so your photos are stored on the storage Photobucket gives you. Then just copy & paste. Otherwise the storage required for zroadster.net would be too big for their own allowance.....if I've understood correctly :rtm:
1997 Z3 2.8 (M52) Roadster Montreal blue
2013 330d (F31) M Sport Alpine White
ARoosterinaRoadster

Z3 roadster 2.0

Koolflyer wrote:If you download Photobucket you can resize, crop etc so your photos are stored on the storage Photobucket gives you. Then just copy & paste. Otherwise the storage required for zroadster.net would be too big for their own allowance.....if I've understood correctly :rtm:

Hi Koolflyer. I was trying to avoid Photobucket and use an image resizing site ( http://www.shrinkpictures.com/) and then post them from my PC as greatly reduced thumbnails.

I have always found Photbucket to be a faff and pretty-well all of the photo imaging sites are about the same.

Hi alec.m I will read the post again

Thank you both.
Happiness is a well kept Z3 and preferably running with the hood down - weather permitting.
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

Hi

zroadster.net does not host pictures, you will need to use an external picture hosting site and then paste the link for the image to show.
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
ARoosterinaRoadster

Z3 roadster 2.0

Gazza wrote:Hi

zroadster.net does not host pictures, you will need to use an external picture hosting site and then paste the link for the image to show.
Hi gazza. Thank you but I well aware of that fact. I have found both photobucket and flickr to be a waste of time and incredibly slow and time wasting with adverts and crap being loaded whilst attempting to deal with the business of downloading the images from my PC.

Unfortunately I am not in the best of locations when it comes to Broadband Signals and that along with the faffing about begs the question - is it worth the hassle.
I opened a dedicated account in both photobucket and flickr for the Z3. Flickr by far is the one that I am keeping away from.
ARoosterinaRoadster

Z3 roadster 2.0

Hi again to you all. Well,I have eventually posted images in the Z1 specific part of the site.
Is it correct that they do not actually show as images but as a link to my photo-bucket or have I failed to complete a task ?
pingu

M roadster S50

Post by pingu »

ARoosterinaRoadster wrote:Hi all. I have been routing through some past images of visits to various Petrol-head gatherings and came up with this rather nice collection of Z1 images.
I rather remember it being a gathering at Tatton Park,Knutsford,Cheshire.
If my memory serves me correctly it would have been circa 1984.

ImageImage[/img][/img]
Image[/img]
They should be

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

If you use the "quote" button, you can see how I have edited your links to show the images.

The Image box Image suggests that these images don't exist at the links used, or we don't have permission to view them. Only the links with /albums/ad117/ seem to work, perhaps you have permissions set up on the /user/ links.

HTH :)
Pingu
ARoosterinaRoadster

Z3 roadster 2.0

Hi pingu. As you by now must have gathered - my efforts with photobucket are rather vague. Thank you for the corrected images but where did I go wrong ?
Was it something in the copy &paste ?
As I put the mouse cursor onto the img box the word 'copy immediately came-up without me even doing a right click for the conventional command of 'Copy&Paste.
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

I have fixed your post in the Z1 section. You seem to have had some extra img tags, which I am guessing got added by clicking the image button and then pasting the part from photobucket. This is not necessary. Photobucket gives you a piece of BBCode that you can post directly into the forum, which not only gives you an image, but includes a hyperlink back to photobucket so you can view a larger version.

Cheers R.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
ARoosterinaRoadster

Z3 roadster 2.0

Robert T wrote:I have fixed your post in the Z1 section. You seem to have had some extra img tags, which I am guessing got added by clicking the image button and then pasting the part from photobucket. This is not necessary. Photobucket gives you a piece of BBCode that you can post directly into the forum, which not only gives you an image, but includes a hyperlink back to photobucket so you can view a larger version.

Cheers R.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
Hi Robert. Thank you indeed. I will go back into photobucket and have a look tomorrow during the afternoon. I thought that it looked a bit odd when I submitted the post and yes there were what appeared to be additional img tags.