PAS Leak? :(

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
Dave L2

Z3 roadster 3.0i

PAS Leak? :(

Post by Dave L2 »

My Zed is currently SORN for the winter and tucked up in the garage. I needed something out of the garage loft last week and had to move the car. The first thing I noticed was how heavy the PAS was driving out of the garage and sure enough there is a nice little puddle on the garage floor, towards the front of the car over to the left hand side. A quick check of the PAS reservoir and it's half empty, but I haven't looked any further than that to see what's leaking or where.

What I want to know is, whilst SORN am I correct in saying, as long a I book an MOT I am legally ok to drive to my local indy for repairs and the test? But more importantly how much damage am I going to do during the 15 mile trip with a dry rack :roll: or am I talking recovery :(
colb

Z3 roadster 1.8 TU

Re: PAS Leak? :(

Post by colb »

Check the rubber hoses for leaks that run to and from the reservoir they start leaking with age had to replace my return pipe last year. You can drive the car to a pre booked mot when car is sorned if doing this top up the reservior it should be ok for the short distance unless your leak is vey bad
Colb
1999 BMW 1.8 Z3
2003 BMW 2.5 Z4
1998 Honda Deauville NT650V
Zed Carer

Z3 roadster 2.8

Re: PAS Leak? :(

Post by Zed Carer »

Hi Dave

A common problem is the joint at the end of the rubber pipe - Details Here
Hers: Z4 2.0i Sp --------------------- His: Z3 2.8