Why - Please ?

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
ARoosterinaRoadster

Z3 roadster 2.0

Why - Please ?

Post by ARoosterinaRoadster »

Hi to you all. Why am I getting this message whilst trying to post an image into the forum,I am totally unaware of what it is about as I have only posted a few images in the years that I have been subscribing to the site.

Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached.
Happiness is a well kept Z3 and preferably running with the hood down - weather permitting.
ARoosterinaRoadster

Z3 roadster 2.0

Re: Why - Please ?

Hi again. I think it was because I had attempted to upload from my own PC !!! Naughty naughty.
Happiness is a well kept Z3 and preferably running with the hood down - weather permitting.
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

The quota is shared everybody. So if I set it to 500MB, that is 500MB for everyone's attachments. Which means it doesn't go very far. If I were hosting the forum on one of my own machines, I could throw in a big hard drive, but as we run the forum on a rented server at an ISP and I have to pay for disk space, it is simply not viable to host everyone's images. As there are perfectly good free image hosting services, it is much more sensible for people to use those. This then leaves me with a small amount of space that I can use to host images for knowledgebase articles.

For anyone not familiar with using image hosting services, there is a sticky post shown at the top of every section, which explains how to post images.

Cheers R.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
ARoosterinaRoadster

Z3 roadster 2.0

Robert T wrote:The quota is shared everybody. So if I set it to 500MB, that is 500MB for everyone's attachments. Which means it doesn't go very far. If I were hosting the forum on one of my own machines, I could throw in a big hard drive, but as we run the forum on a rented server at an ISP and I have to pay for disk space, it is simply not viable to host everyone's images. As there are perfectly good free image hosting services, it is much more sensible for people to use those. This then leaves me with a small amount of space that I can use to host images for knowledgebase articles.

For anyone not familiar with using image hosting services, there is a sticky post shown at the top of every section, which explains how to post images.

Cheers R.

Hi Robert. Yes I do understand the practice - it was just that I had forgotten about the image hosting site - Photobucket,of which I still have not the hang of.
I did exactly as the tutorial but it did not just copy one image - it through the whole album in. On this occasion that is not a problem.
bertiejaffa

M roadster S50

Post by bertiejaffa »

ARoosterinaRoadster wrote:
Robert T wrote:The quota is shared everybody. So if I set it to 500MB, that is 500MB for everyone's attachments. Which means it doesn't go very far. If I were hosting the forum on one of my own machines, I could throw in a big hard drive, but as we run the forum on a rented server at an ISP and I have to pay for disk space, it is simply not viable to host everyone's images. As there are perfectly good free image hosting services, it is much more sensible for people to use those. This then leaves me with a small amount of space that I can use to host images for knowledgebase articles.

Cheers R.

Hi Robert. Yes I do understand the practice - it was just that I had forgotten about the image hosting site - Photobucket,of which I still have not the hang of.
I did exactly as the tutorial but it did not just copy one image - it through the whole album in. On this occasion that is not a problem.
do you have a smartphone (iphone or android?) if so download the app. its free and easy and you can immediately upload a picture from your phone to your photo bucket lirary, then you just log on on your pc, chose the pic and click the IMG box which copies it (tells you) and then you post it into your post.
Here come the girls.....
My //M Refurb
My First Zed Journal
ARoosterinaRoadster

Z3 roadster 2.0

bertiejaffa wrote:
ARoosterinaRoadster wrote:

Cheers R.

do you have a smartphone (iphone or android?) if so download the app. its free and easy and you can immediately upload a picture from your phone to your photo bucket lirary, then you just log on on your pc, chose the pic and click the IMG box which copies it (tells you) and then you post it into your post.
Hi berttiejaffa. Yes,I do have an Android/Smartphone an HTC One M8 BUT my images are all taken with a digital camera and uploaded on to the PC in My Pictures.
The problem with Apps - they might be free but they use masses of data when they constantly update and disabling the updates only then causes the inability to proceed with the function that is required until it has run the course of updating.
I think that what I need to do is get my head around why the Photobucket options to lift and send individual images from an album - clearly doesn't.
The individual image has a code and it is confirmed as 'Copied' but then when it is inserted between the image brackets it sends the whole album.
bertiejaffa

M roadster S50

Post by bertiejaffa »

Yes it does allow the other people to scroll through your albums if you use photobucket even though you only select one image to put on here. There are some settings to set the privacy in photobucket - little cog icon just above the links where you copy the URL
Here come the girls.....
My //M Refurb
My First Zed Journal