Front ABS Sensor Removal

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
wonderloaf

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Front ABS Sensor Removal

Post by wonderloaf »

Hi all, after some advice on how to remove a front ABS sensor. Today got the orange ASC and ABS lights come up on my dashboard, after a bit of searching around on here and the WWW it seemed like dirty ABS sensors could be the culprit and an easy fix to clean them.

So duly removed the rear sensors and cleaned them without too much fuss, but now I've come to remove the front N/S sensor it seems truly stuck in the hub casting... nothing I can do will remove it. I've tried WD 40, molegrips, pliars, prising it off with a screwdriver, nothing seems to work. I assume there is only the one hex bolt holding the thing in (like the rears) , so unless there's a hidden fastener somewhere I'm completely stumped as to what to do ... does any body have any ideas? :puzzle:

On the upside the lights have gone out on the dashboard, I just want to complete the job so that I don't have to repeat it in a few weeks/months/ years time!

Cheers, wonderloaf
2001 Titan Silver 2.2 Sport
Brian4

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Re: Front ABS Sensor Removal

Post by Brian4 »

They are a tight fit when new and as soon as any rust starts they seem to be stuck solid and most seem to have to destroy then to get them out.Yes there is only one fixing and as you have got that out there may be some hope if you leave them soaking in penetrating type fluid.
Brian
3.0I Topaz Blue

2000 E36/7 Z3 3.0i
2016 F31 335d
2015 F21 118i
wonderloaf

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Re: Front ABS Sensor Removal

Post by wonderloaf »

Brian4 wrote:They are a tight fit when new and as soon as any rust starts they seem to be stuck solid and most seem to have to destroy then to get them out.Yes there is only one fixing and as you have got that out there may be some hope if you leave them soaking in penetrating type fluid.
Thanks for the reply, I'll find out tonight as I'm going in for Round Two!
2001 Titan Silver 2.2 Sport