The site/home page is very slow to connect.

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
ARoosterinaRoadster

Z3 roadster 2.0

The site/home page is very slow to connect.

Post by ARoosterinaRoadster »

Hi to you all . I am finding that an otherwise normally very quick to connect site is rather slow - has there been/is there an issue with the server ?

I am not experiencing this with any one of the several sites that I have visited this evening.
Happiness is a well kept Z3 and preferably running with the hood down - weather permitting.
mrscalex

Z3 roadster 1.9

Re: The site/home page is very slow to connect.

Post by mrscalex »

Thought it was just me!
ImageImage
2001 Z3 2.2 Topaz Blue (Trudy) - Keeper rebuilt from a write-off
2002 Z3 2.2 Titan Silver (Cookies) - Keeper rebuilt having been bought with a seized engine
2002 Z3 3.0 Sapphire Black (Peanut) - Keeper awaiting rebuilding having been bought as an abandoned project
Plus Willy, Kodak & Maycee - All 2.2 Sport projects. Yes, 6 is a lot of Z3s :)
Always happy to try and help with spares :)
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

I've experienced that from time to time. I think it's more to do with the external service provider servers that connect to this site - they sometimes get over subscribed and everything slows down. I don't think it's the forum server that's the problem, because when I do eventually connect, there is often not more than 3 or 4 other people on the forum.
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

I have noticed this a couple of times in recent weeks, particularly when accessing the site via Tapatalk. It has a lot more do with us being a virtual instance on a shared server, than ZR getting lots of search engines connecting at once. If the other virtual instances are heavily loaded, then we slow down too. Unfortunately we don't get to choose who we share with. If the problem persists, then I will get them to look at it.

Cheers R.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
ARoosterinaRoadster

Z3 roadster 2.0

Robert T wrote:I have noticed this a couple of times in recent weeks, particularly when accessing the site via Tapatalk. It has a lot more do with us being a virtual instance on a shared server, than ZR getting lots of search engines connecting at once. If the other virtual instances are heavily loaded, then we slow down too. Unfortunately we don't get to choose who we share with. If the problem persists, then I will get them to look at it.

Cheers R.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
Hi Robert. Thank you for your reply. Just for the record - I am using a regular PC and hard wired on Superfast Broadband with a download speed that is consistently 37meg per second.
This morning the connection was as though it was on Nitrous Oxide.
Happiness is a well kept Z3 and preferably running with the hood down - weather permitting.
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

The problem affects both the normal website and Tapatalk, but it somehow feels slower on Tapatalk. It is evidently not bad enough to trigger my server monitoring though - this checks access to the site from about 10 locations around the world and lets me know if the site cannot be reached. I will keep an eye on it as email notifications have also seen some delays as well.

I take it you mean 37 megabits/sec. I currently get 78 mbits/sec out of mine and it is my own WiFi that limits the actual speed, as unfortunately for me there are a lot of other WiFi networks in close proximity. Plug in a cable and it is much quicker. I might have to invest in some tinfoil wallpaper.

Cheers R.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
ARoosterinaRoadster

Z3 roadster 2.0

Robert T wrote:The problem affects both the normal website and Tapatalk, but it somehow feels slower on Tapatalk. It is evidently not bad enough to trigger my server monitoring though - this checks access to the site from about 10 locations around the world and lets me know if the site cannot be reached. I will keep an eye on it as email notifications have also seen some delays as well.

I take it you mean 37 megabits/sec. I currently get 78 mbits/sec out of mine and it is my own WiFi that limits the actual speed, as unfortunately for me there are a lot of other WiFi networks in close proximity. Plug in a cable and it is much quicker. I might have to invest in some tinfoil wallpaper. Image

Cheers R.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Hi again Robert. yes,I did mean mbits/sec The connection that I have with BT/Open Reach is supposedly 40mbit/sec but guaranteed to be no less than a few mbits/sec drop.
After an initial 'War of Words' the moved me onto two different cabinets and eventually to a cabinet that was not overloaded.

By the way - your Image did not appear as a graphic when opening up my E'mail alert to the site.
mrscalex

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by mrscalex »

Afraid it seems very slow again today.
ImageImage
2001 Z3 2.2 Topaz Blue (Trudy) - Keeper rebuilt from a write-off
2002 Z3 2.2 Titan Silver (Cookies) - Keeper rebuilt having been bought with a seized engine
2002 Z3 3.0 Sapphire Black (Peanut) - Keeper awaiting rebuilding having been bought as an abandoned project
Plus Willy, Kodak & Maycee - All 2.2 Sport projects. Yes, 6 is a lot of Z3s :)
Always happy to try and help with spares :)
ARoosterinaRoadster

Z3 roadster 2.0

mrscalex wrote:Afraid it seems very slow again today.
Hi to those of you that are following this topic. After receiving a alert at 13:43hrs today I attempted to gain access to the site using the link - it would not open up and indeed a second attempt was aborted until now.

Slow to open is an understatement - to be polite about it.
Alan W

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Alan W »

Yes I've had a few issues accessing this site over the last couple of weeks.. very intermittent and sometimes l have trouble getting on to it as it just hangs.. something is definitely wrong!!!!
1999 facelit Z3 Roadster 2.8 Auto in Cosmos Black aka 'Gloria'
Alan W

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Alan W »

Yes I've had a few issues accessing this site over the last couple of weeks.. very intermittent and sometimes l have trouble getting on to it as it just hangs.. something is definitely wrong!!!!
Alan W

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Alan W »

Ohhhh look... and now it just double posted!!!
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

I think you have a "shaky " finger...I think you get over excited when you see the "SUBMIT" icon.... :lol:
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions