Fleabay - Should i be surprised?

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
swabyk

Z3 roadster 1.9

Fleabay - Should i be surprised?

Post by swabyk »

Undiagnosed problems with my roof but thought id buy a dashboard switch to try to see if that helps....Saw one on eBay for £25 being sold by a breakers and sent the guy an offer for £20. Got this response;

New message from: *********
If your collecting it then fine, otherwise by the time I get around to changing auction etc. i may as well have throw it away, sorry i live in capitalist world.

Nobheads everywhere...... :head: :head: :head: :head:
mrscalex

Z3 roadster 1.9

Re: Fleabay - Should i be surprised?

Post by mrscalex »

Unless forum rules prevent naming and shaming then perhaps you could share seller name? Then we can all avoid him.

I really can't be bothered with ebay any more. I was one of the early UK users back in 1999 but it's become a jungle now. I rarely sell on there any more (I used to sell lots) and would move on much less stuff by selling (Z3 stuff at least) on here.

I do use it for buying quite a lot of stuff but generally new stuff not second-hand. Most recent second-hand bad experience was buying an iphone from a fake auction. It looked 100% genuine, I check the seller's records extensively when I buy anything like that - I even spoke with the guy. But the latest thing is fraudsters are hijacking genuine accounts and diverting emails and paypal payments!! I got my money back. Just discovered last night an older iphone I bought was blacklisted so some form of law breaking involved there. And totally useless to me.

Btw I did successfully buy the iphone for my daughter in the end from Gumtree. But she changed her mind. So PM me anyone if you want a brand new 6S Plus for a decent price (unlocked) :lol:
ImageImage
2001 Z3 2.2 Topaz Blue (Trudy) - Keeper rebuilt from a write-off
2002 Z3 2.2 Titan Silver (Cookies) - Keeper rebuilt having been bought with a seized engine
2002 Z3 3.0 Sapphire Black (Peanut) - Keeper awaiting rebuilding having been bought as an abandoned project
Plus Willy, Kodak & Maycee - All 2.2 Sport projects. Yes, 6 is a lot of Z3s :)
Always happy to try and help with spares :)
peter2b

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by peter2b »

I'm not going to sell any thing on fleebay after trying to sell my kit car that advised me on the sell description, didn't sell the first week so they suggested I put it up again which I did twice just what it was the wrong description section as I put a reserve cost me £390
peter-2b
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

swabyk wrote:Undiagnosed problems with my roof but thought id buy a dashboard switch to try to see if that helps....Saw one on eBay for £25 being sold by a breakers and sent the guy an offer for £20. Got this response;

New message from: *********
If your collecting it then fine, otherwise by the time I get around to changing auction etc. i may as well have throw it away, sorry i live in capitalist world.

Nobheads everywhere...... :head: :head: :head: :head:
I can't see how this makes the seller a 'Nobhead'
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
mrscalex

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by mrscalex »

Gazza wrote:I can't see how this makes the seller a 'Nobhead'
I've thought about this as it's the sort of thing I'd say and would then be challenged to justify by my other half :lol:

The web site https://en.oxforddictionaries.com defines a knobhead/nobhead as:

A stupid person.

Synonyms
idiot, ass, halfwit, nincompoop, blockhead, buffoon, dunce, dolt, ignoramus, cretin, imbecile, dullard, moron, simpleton, clod

So in fairness Gazza I think you are right. The seller is not really stupid is he - quite the opposite. Perhaps obnoxious. In which case the same site suggests the slang word for an obnoxious person is a ttwa (rearrange letters). So swabyk, to avoid offence you may wish to use that word instead.

:roflmao:
ImageImage
2001 Z3 2.2 Topaz Blue (Trudy) - Keeper rebuilt from a write-off
2002 Z3 2.2 Titan Silver (Cookies) - Keeper rebuilt having been bought with a seized engine
2002 Z3 3.0 Sapphire Black (Peanut) - Keeper awaiting rebuilding having been bought as an abandoned project
Plus Willy, Kodak & Maycee - All 2.2 Sport projects. Yes, 6 is a lot of Z3s :)
Always happy to try and help with spares :)
Del

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Del »

Really surprised, I have made offers (always polite) on Ebay stuff and most sellers are so keen to maintain good ebay ratings that they are polite back. I put that sort of response down to stupidity and lack of commercial awareness.