Brilliant M54 engine tutorial

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
mrscalex

Z3 roadster 1.9

Brilliant M54 engine tutorial

Post by mrscalex »

This guy is only 20 and and a real expert not only on M54 engines but with presenting in a clear and informative way too and putting together a professional video - I'd pay money for this on DVD. No messing around like so many youtube tutorials with a grumpy guy talking nonsense and showing little that's useful :) Great guy. He runs a workshop in the States and is putting up a complete M54 disassembly series of videos.

He's putting up 1 every few days and we are currently up to part 6 - removing the crankshaft and pistons. He's producing the videos as he goes so is yet to decide if the engine is worth rebuilding. I hope so as we won't get the rebuilding videos otherwise, just a lovely pile of parts.

I really would recommend this to anyone with an interest in the M54 engine who might want to take one apart or even work round the outside of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMMbVtXiu48

Don't forget to subscribe (you'll need an account) if you want updates as and when an instalment is released.
ImageImage
2001 Z3 2.2 Topaz Blue (Trudy) - Keeper rebuilt from a write-off
2002 Z3 2.2 Titan Silver (Cookies) - Keeper rebuilt having been bought with a seized engine
2002 Z3 3.0 Sapphire Black (Peanut) - Keeper awaiting rebuilding having been bought as an abandoned project
Plus Willy, Kodak & Maycee - All 2.2 Sport projects. Yes, 6 is a lot of Z3s :)
Always happy to try and help with spares :)