broken seat belt guides

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
littlefeller

blank

broken seat belt guides

Post by littlefeller »

ok, its been bugging me for a while - why does the passenger seatbelt guide brake.
I stumbled across the answer to this that I will share in an attempt to prevent any further breakages.
at the weekend I decided to swap my centre console back over to wood now I have completed my project.
I had removed all the screws except for the two behind the seats, I moved the drivers seat forward and undid the screw, I then moved the seat back and climbed back in (I'm lazy, what I should have done was walk around to the passenger side, but then I wouldn't have stumbled across the answer)
I reached over and moved the passenger seat forwards, I found it awkward to undo the screw so I walked around to the passenger side.
it was only now that I noticed the seat had moved forward but the seatbelt had locked, pulling the guide backwards, it was very very tight, so there you have it, as the passenger seat gets moved the most its more likely to break, especially if the driver just reaches over to move the seat, so BE AWARE when you move the seats.
peter2b

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Re: broken seat belt guides

Post by peter2b »

Snap that happened to me as well top bit snapped so I've used the nice sleeves that I got last week fitted to hold it together
Peter2b
littlefeller

blank

Re: broken seat belt guides

Post by littlefeller »

i had my sleeves already on when i noticed it (it was broken on the passenger side when i brought the car) if i hadnt it would have broken it even more. a design fault BMW hadn't foreseen i think. :?