Fuel filler surround.

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
HPFirenza

Z3 roadster 1.9

Fuel filler surround.

Post by HPFirenza »

The fuel filler rubber surround (or tank filler pot)with the small drain hole at the bottom where any excess petrol seeps out has perished on my Z. I have looked on the TIS and this part is not available (no part number either). I presume that I would have to get a replacement off a scrap car. Has anybody removed or fitted one of these and if so what is involved (can I do it myself). Can it be fitted without removing the rear wing? Anyone have a spare?
Last edited by HPFirenza on Sat 14 Jan, 2017 12:43, edited 1 time in total.
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Re: Fuel filler surround.

Post by Robert T »

Just looked this up for my car (01/99 M44 1.9) and I suspect that it is part #18 on this diagram, described as Tank filler pot:

Bodywork > Side panel/tail trim

Current price £33.78 from Rybrook Warwick.

Parts usage show that this is for the narrow-body cars only, so you will need to do another search for widebody or facelift cars.

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
HPFirenza

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by HPFirenza »

Thanks Robert. Mine is a narrow body so that's the right part. Just need to know how easy it is too fit.
bertiejaffa

M roadster S50

Post by bertiejaffa »

HPFirenza wrote:Thanks Robert. Mine is a narrow body so that's the right part. Just need to know how easy it is too fit.
I don't know how expensive or cheap they are brand new but andy aka spursfaninacoupe will probably have a 2nd hand one and will be able to tell you how easy they are to replace - send him a PM
Here come the girls.....
My //M Refurb
My First Zed Journal
Brian H

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Brian H »

HPFirenza wrote:Thanks Robert. Mine is a narrow body so that's the right part. Just need to know how easy it is too fit.
I think this is a rear wing off job, the wing is bolted so no big issue there but it is quite a task.