Where is my 2.0 litre Topaz Blue Z3 Auto ?

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
ARoosterinaRoadster

Z3 roadster 2.0

Where is my 2.0 litre Topaz Blue Z3 Auto ?

Post by ARoosterinaRoadster »

Hi to you all out there.

Well it is now almost February and I haven't seen my reluctantly parted with Topaz Blue Z3 Auto.

It was PX'd to a small used car dealership in Bamber Bridge,Lancashire in early July 2016 and went complete with Factory Hard Top and Staggered Wheels.

When I left it with the dealer it carried the original registration mark of W811 ULD.
Happiness is a well kept Z3 and preferably running with the hood down - weather permitting.
lightning

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Re: Where is my 2.0 litre Topaz Blue Z3 Auto ?

Post by lightning »

I would imagine that only a small percentage of Z3 owners go on this forum.

The Z3 is still new enough to be bought as an "ordinary" used car, and not something special/classic that prompts joining a club or forum.
l've had dozens of cars over the years, most sold locally, and l think l have only twice ever seen one of my old cars with the new owner driving it.
Last edited by lightning on Tue 17 Jan, 2017 20:25, edited 1 time in total.
peter2b

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by peter2b »

if you check with the dvla you can see if it's on the road ie taxed mot etc
peter2b
lightning

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by lightning »

I'm sure it will be, but could have sold out of the area, because most dealers advertise online. And people will search countrywide for a Z3.
ARoosterinaRoadster

Z3 roadster 2.0

peter2b wrote:if you check with the dvla you can see if it's on the road ie taxed mot etc
peter2b
Hi Peter. Sorry to be late replying but I have been away for a few days and out of the UK.
Yes I have just checked using :--https://www.gov.uk/check-mot-history albeit the car was reverted back to the original registration of W811 ULD a few days before I let it go.
I suspect that it just might be on another personalised plate and therefore not showing-up because I have no knowledge of what it is.

My own plate was transferred to my replacement car - a 3 Series 325 Ci Auto Convertible and it has been registered/updated on the same site.
Happiness is a well kept Z3 and preferably running with the hood down - weather permitting.
ARoosterinaRoadster

Z3 roadster 2.0

lightning wrote:I would imagine that only a small percentage of Z3 owners go on this forum.

The Z3 is still new enough to be bought as an "ordinary" used car, and not something special/classic that prompts joining a club or forum.
l've had dozens of cars over the years, most sold locally, and l think l have only twice ever seen one of my old cars with the new owner driving it.
Hi lightning. I am somewhat surprised by your comment and especially having followed it with :--"I'm sure it will be, but could have sold out of the area, because most dealers advertise online. And people will search countrywide for a Z3".

The Z3 has a wide following and was an instant "Must Have" ever since they were first introduced to the UK market.
lightning

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by lightning »

Yes l agree it is a "modern classic" that's for sure.

But it's still gaining recognition as such. It's just appeared in the price guides of a popular Classic Car magazine.