Replacement roofs

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
swabyk

Z3 roadster 1.9

Replacement roofs

Post by swabyk »

Been reading some historic posts on here from where people have had their replacement roofs fitted. Softtops in Croydon seems to be the most used and recommended but from reading the posts it seems the cost from them was £395 as recently as last summer and now their website is showing a price of £720 (mobile) and £660 otherwise.

Seems a big jump in price in just a few months. Is this still a decent price or are there any other options people are aware of?

Thanks
Ken
alec.m

Z3 roadster 2.8

Re: Replacement roofs

Post by alec.m »

Are you sure you`re looking at the right website? I`ve just had a look and I can only find a price for supply only. He asks you to call for a fitted price. He`s good btw, did mine about 2 years ago.

http://www.soft-tops.co.uk/
swabyk

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by swabyk »

Thanks for that, i was looking at a different site!!!! - http://www.thesofttopshop.com/bmw-z3

I presume then that the link you've sent is the one that people have been using then? makes sense.

Thank you
alec.m

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by alec.m »

Yes that's the link. I paid about £400 a couple of years ago but I did have a blue one. Give him a call he's a really nice chap.
swabyk

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by swabyk »

Will do, need a blue one also. Ta
peter2b

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by peter2b »

depends on where you are when I did a rough cost it was about the same if I went down south or to the one near me , over 300 mile round trip 6 hrs or 1/2 hr 20 mile trip
peterz3