Z3 1.9 Sports Exhaust

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
Rocketbike

Z3 roadster 1.9

Z3 1.9 Sports Exhaust

Post by Rocketbike »

Bank holiday Sunday my nice stainless sports exhaust fell in half whileI was away - can't complain, its been on for years, always sounded lovely, and the AA repaired it well enough to get me back home.
Now I want to replace it with something similar, but don't want to spend a fortune. The centre pipe looks OK from what I can see, it's just the back box that's gone, but happy to repace the lot.
Theres a place called TipTop in Birmingham doing a cat back system fitted for £300 which sounds OK. Any experience of Tiptop, or recommended other places much appreciated. Just want something decent at a fair price.
colb

Z3 roadster 1.8 TU

Re: Z3 1.9 Sports Exhaust

Post by colb »

Bad reviews over on Bimmerforums for this company.
Colb
1999 BMW 1.8 Z3
2003 BMW 2.5 Z4
1998 Honda Deauville NT650V
Rocketbike

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Rocketbike »

Thanks for that - see what you mean, not one good one!
spurs fan in a coupe

Z3 coupe 2.8

Post by spurs fan in a coupe »

I've got a Frankenstein powerflow stainless rear box and BMW mini cat exhaust from a breaker, had a nice rubble on the short journey I took it.

Would do a good deal for cash on collection from Woking, Surrey.

No idea of age, but a cheap option for you or someone.

Can PM pictures

Or in teh past I've had a Sebring rear box and removed one of the front silencers on my 2.8, sounded great.

Had (in fact still have spare) a longlife back box too from a 1.9, that was LOUD, I liked it though.

I used a PowerFlow centre in Slough to remove a mid-silncer and have also been to profusion custom exhausts in Colnbrook, near Heathrow at work, very impressive little set up.
we expres: " He did hear the bells ringing, but doesnt know where where the clapper hangs".
Rocketbike

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Rocketbike »

Thanks guys. In the end I got a standard box fitted to keep me moving, and a mate of mine can weld up the old one, so the old one will go back on, but now I can keep it when the car goes.