HELP More selling advice please

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
tom_sk

Z3 roadster 2.2i

HELP More selling advice please

Post by tom_sk »

Hello all. Finally made the decision to part with my Z3 and Spares/mods (see viewtopic.php?f=5&t=45300 )

I would appreciate any comments/advice/help with these:

1. It has MOT until 7 Jul but has only done 39 miles since the last one. Would you, as a prospective purchaser, prefer to see 12 months on?

2. Having my ‘M’ seats up for sale, it occurred to me that I can’t be sure the motors etc. are OK since I just swapped bases to make it easier putting pre-facelift seats into a facelift car. I bought them through this forum, advertised in good working condition with new bushes. I believe the seller had previously acquired them from the forum. I guess I just trusted people on here to be honest and I'm sure they are!
What is the best way for me to test them?

3. I have tried to price up the spares by searching online but can’t find many around. What do you reckon to the following? Am I over/undervaluing them?
Seats £450
Chrome gills £100
Black tonneau £100
Mesh wind deflector £100
Door cards – better give them free with the car as I’ve just noticed that I forgot to swap the inserts back when I put original seats back in!

All OEM and in v.good condition.

4. Would it be in order to post text of my ad on here for comments? I tried to make it detailed for anyone not familiar with the Z3 but I think it is too long. Do sites like Autotrader, Pistonheads etc. have a limit on advert length?

Thanks in advance for any comments.

Happy zedding
Ian
2001 Z3 2.2 Titan Silver/Blue Leather (left home :bawl: ) and his big brother 2002 e39 2.2 Titan Silver/Grey Leather (leaving soon :bawl: :bawl: )
Gazza

M roadster S54

Re: HELP More selling advice please

Post by Gazza »

No problem trialing your ad here :D
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
sebring

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by sebring »

put a fresh ticket on it - for the sake of £40 - £50, much easier to sell a car with it done.

Also, any luck with finding the original gearknob and handbrake, as I'm after the storm stuff you have ;) ( I can supply the replacements if you need)

Kaz
tom_sk

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by tom_sk »

sebring wrote: Mon 16 Apr, 2018 08:00 put a fresh ticket on it - for the sake of £40 - £50, much easier to sell a car with it done.

Also, any luck with finding the original gearknob and handbrake, as I'm after the storm stuff you have ;) ( I can supply the replacements if you need)

Kaz
Probably not a bad idea, I'll see if my indy can fit it in this week

Yes, found the handbrake bit but not the gear knob. At this very minute I'm sorting out my pictures ready to put an ad up tonight.
I'm thinking of offering all the spares with the car as a job lot (if I get near my asking price) because I need to get it sold before our holidays and don't want to mess about with packing/posting etc.
2001 Z3 2.2 Titan Silver/Blue Leather (left home :bawl: ) and his big brother 2002 e39 2.2 Titan Silver/Grey Leather (leaving soon :bawl: :bawl: )
Juvvajuvva

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Juvvajuvva »

PM’d Seats.