z3 with z4 alloys

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
Kiwi

M coupe S50

Post by Kiwi »

dansutton wrote:hi there new to this, was thinking of changing the alloys on my silver z3 to the 18" z4 five spoke alloys was wondering if anyone done this and got pics thanks dan

Here's a pic of how they look - not my car so no idea about fitment.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dansutton

blank.gif

z3 with z4 alloys

Post by dansutton »

hi there new to this, was thinking of changing the alloys on my silver z3 to the 18" z4 five spoke alloys was wondering if anyone done this and got pics thanks dan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dansutton

blank.gif

Post by dansutton »

thanks for that think it would look better in silver still not sure if to get them whats other peoples opinion thanks
Andre_z_3000

Z3 roadster 1.8 TU

Post by Andre_z_3000 »

Yeah, don't think it looks too good with those, the holes are too big.
Andre_Z_3000
2000 Arctic White z3

c_w

M roadster S50

Post by c_w »

I think they look good, though the car needs lowering; Z4s are super low from the facotry whereas the Z3s tended to sit a bit too high IMO.

They are nice wheels, very similar to the Porsche Boxster split rim wheels. There are some 18" wheels on the Z4 that would look nice too which have smaller holes, can't remember what they are called though but htey are quite a popular wheel option on them.

The offset is slightly different so that they'd sit in a bit more than the Z3 rims by up to 9mm. I think the offset is ET50 for those wheels compared to ET41/43 for the Z3 2.8 rims.

Z4 Wheels

Post by Guest »

The Z4 wheels do look nice, but remember that they require the use of the Z4 Run-Flat tyre. After running flat these seem to be only capable of being scrapped, and their normal behaviour also seems to leave a lot to be desired.

Have a look at the Z4 Forum and read the horror stories, such as paying £240 for a tyre, as they cannot always be sourced when required at other than BMW dealerships.

Is this progress? I think I'll keep my ordinary tyres with Ultraseal inside them!
Fixer

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Fixer »

Personally I think they suit the Z3 8-) if I were offered some at the right price I could easily be tempted to put a set on mine,
Why can these wheels only accept run flats :?:
Yella

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Yella »

Personally I don't like them, just don't look right for some reason not sure why can't quite pic the fault but I wouldn't go for them. I have decided I want some 18" ( or 17" and lowered) alpina with the super thin spokes and many of them saw them on a piccie of a black Z1 ( some1 one here I do believe Looked awesome ) 8-) Had thought about them before but couldn't see them looking right in my head :roll: so settled for my AC Snitchzer look alikes but alas the quality was poor and they have already started to corrode ( Lesson to be learnt there :dunce: ).
God gave me Taste, BMW made the Z3. It's not a girls car, It's a Mans car in Drag !!
swacd

Z3 roadster 1.9

my zed with zed 4 alloys fitted

Post by swacd »

Yella

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Yella »

These were what i had in mind. think they would great on my black z3.
God gave me Taste, BMW made the Z3. It's not a girls car, It's a Mans car in Drag !!
///M_aniac
Z Register member

M roadster S50

Post by ///M_aniac »

Those 17" Alpina would look great on a Z3. :D :D :D

IMHO Alpina alloys suit all BMWs especially E30 325i sports. Even now they look exceptional on them! 8-)

Picking up on your alloy corrosion point above, Yella, does anyone know why Mercedes alloys always seem to corrode?? I've seen so many in bad shape--and some of them no more than 3 years old. :o
Fixer

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Fixer »

So can someone tell me why the Z4 5 spoke mags in the photo can only be used with run flats?
I would be tempted to buy a set if I could fit normal tyres
///M_aniac
Z Register member

M roadster S50

Post by ///M_aniac »

On the Z4, run-flat tires are part of BMW's Run-Flat Combination (RFC) wheel-tire system. This system is made up of self-supporting run-flat tires, specially developed wheel rims and a Flat Tire Monitor. In line with this, the wheels are only designed for run flats.
Fixer

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Fixer »

Oxford_grun_II wrote:On the Z4, run-flat tires are part of BMW's Run-Flat Combination (RFC) wheel-tire system. This system is made up of self-supporting run-flat tires, specially developed wheel rims and a Flat Tire Monitor. In line with this, the wheels are only designed for run flats.
Thanks M8
ChrisXL

M roadster S50

Post by ChrisXL »

Pic of a Z3 with the Alpina 18" rims seen on Dutch forum.

Size 225-40-18 8j ET 40 front and 255-35-18 9j ET40 rear

Member of Team Lauterbrunnen
http://www.fnbc.nl/
///M_aniac
Z Register member

M roadster S50

Post by ///M_aniac »

*Jaw drops* Wow! They look awesome.
BMW Z3, the only way to build a true roadster

Image - The most powerful letter in the world.
Cloz wrote:There is something that will never change is my love for Z3
smartypants wrote:Conor?

With an M??

The World's gone mad :D
smartypants wrote:The Z3 rear is a great thing to behold ;)
ChrisXL

M roadster S50

Post by ChrisXL »

To have a look at all different types of original rims check this site out.

http://www.angelfire.com/biz7/bmwheelie/index.htm
Member of Team Lauterbrunnen
http://www.fnbc.nl/
Yella

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Yella »

Do like them but the centres are a little too fancy, looking at them both think i still prefer the ones on the Z1 more plain but think would look better. SO need to save for some new wheels.
///M_aniac
Z Register member

M roadster S50

Post by ///M_aniac »

Yella wrote:Do like them but the centres are a little too fancy, looking at them both think i still prefer the ones on the Z1 more plain but think would look better. SO need to save for some new wheels.
Either would really compliment a Zed. Real PiZZaZZ. :mrgreen:
BMW Z3, the only way to build a true roadster

Image - The most powerful letter in the world.
Cloz wrote:There is something that will never change is my love for Z3
smartypants wrote:Conor?

With an M??

The World's gone mad :D
smartypants wrote:The Z3 rear is a great thing to behold ;)
NYCmitch25

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by NYCmitch25 »

I guess it's about taste but to me they look more like something you would see Nissan trying to fit on their 350Zed. But at least now you can fit a new set of Brembos ;-) Anyway, how much do they weigh ? I think the BBS version is like only 17lbs.