Greetings and probably a done to death question?

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
kruisn

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Greetings and probably a done to death question?

Post by kruisn »

Hello Z,ers, Just joined the net, Great reads.
Only one small gripe re my 3.0 roadster, (02 Titanium Silver, red leather, just gone 8000clicks). The interior rear vision mirror.
Does the lack of vision bother any other petroheads? Is there a replacement or mod that can be done to make it take up less space or lift it up a little to improve the view when pushin it on a trip?. Any idea's would be appreciated.Other than that it is a blast, best mate for the Healey Hundred and practical too!!!! Yeeeaaah the zroadster net.

Enjoy the Drive.
BigDave

Z3 roadster 2.8

Mirror

Post by BigDave »

Hi kruisn welcome to forum

I thought the same thing when i first got mine. You'll be suprised how quickly you get used to it. As regards a mod, must say that i haven't heard of any.
dave
Kiwi

M coupe S50

Post by Kiwi »

You'll find a great rundown on mirror issues, adapters etc here:

http://www.z3mirrors.com/

If you want to contact Gary and have problems, he can sometimes be found over on some other boards.

I thought about doing this mod (I think the issue of the mirror blocking forward vision is particularly troublesome for taller drivers) - but have indeed gotten quite used to it now. Have swapped my Z3 mirror over for an M Roadster oval shaped one which I find is a little better - the rounded edges make it seem less obtrusive.

And welcome to the forum.
Kiwi

M coupe S50

Post by Kiwi »

And hey Kruisn - just noticed your profile location - Auckland as well. What's with the flag - are you an import? :lol:

If you're interested, there is a fledgling Z3 owners group going on here (had our first run a few weeks back and are planning the next one now - Mich and I will post up some pics from it) - so let Mich (another NZ'er) or me know if you are interested and we'll add you to the mailing list.
kruisn

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by kruisn »

Thanks to all for the welcome, what a cool bunch of thuZiasts. Also for the ideas on the mirror, I can see it needs more digging.

Hey Kiwi, Yes Buddy am on the list, but couldnt make the run this time.
Looked at the photo's posted, it was a good run. Looking forward to the next though. Damn good response to the run and to the group in general.

Cheers!
mich

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by mich »

[quote="Kiwi"]And hey Kruisn - just noticed your profile location - Auckland as well. What's with the flag - are you an import? :lol:

Hey kiwi, you've got me all hot and bothered now, whats wrong with the flag? looks OK to me :?:

kruisn, welcome, my mirror is fine, especially when used in conjunction wit the wing mirrors :D
kruisn

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by kruisn »

OOOOPs sorry Z-ers felt guilty, so changed it back. Great Avo for a drive, just went up through the Bays to clear out the cobwebs. Great FIX for the week.
ENJOY
Don't drink and drive home -
Take the Zd and fly home -
///M_aniac
Z Register member

M roadster S50

Post by ///M_aniac »

Hi kruisn welcome to the forum
BMW Z3, the only way to build a true roadster

Image - The most powerful letter in the world.
Cloz wrote:There is something that will never change is my love for Z3
smartypants wrote:Conor?

With an M??

The World's gone mad :D
smartypants wrote:The Z3 rear is a great thing to behold ;)