Part Number Experts!!

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
Zed3

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Part Number Experts!!

Post by Zed3 »

What are the part numbers for the studs needed to attach a wind deflector into the back of the roll over hooop????

Cheers

Rupert
tags
Z Register member

M roadster S50

Post by tags »

You need to purchase some different locating lugs, they are slightly longer. So, when you have the wind deflector on, it hooks at the front with the elasticated straps and hooks over the lugs at the back. With the standard lugs, the wind deflector will keep slipping off, not really a problem, it just wont be as snug. If you get the longer ones, the deflector will stay on snug, and when you put the tonneau on, you can press the 2 middle studs onto the lugs. I had to buy these lugs when i bought a 2nd hand deflector (they werent supplied with it :( but only cost a couple of quid).

Tags
Devon Z
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.0

Re: Part Number Experts!!

Post by Devon Z »

Zed3 wrote:What are the part numbers for the studs needed to attach a wind deflector into the back of the roll over hooop????
The standard BMW wind deflector fits over the hops and has four straps with hooks that hold it down, if your talking about the two studs in the hood well their for the hood cover but I've never been able to use them when fitting it :!: I just use the two by the doors.

Steve 8-)
99 2.0 Topaz Individual
estocks

Not specified

Post by estocks »

Use the Search button before posting newbie questions about hard tops and fitting kits, footwell speaker amps, water in the boot, hood maintainance and those horrific angel eyes. We get like 10 threads a week on the same subject, it's obvious that you haven't searched.