Meaning of Life ????

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
NERobbie

Z3 roadster 1.8

Meaning of Life ????

Post by NERobbie »

Just been out for a 'spirited' drive around the local country side, cool air, sun just coming down and an empty road. Couldnt stop grinning, and in a moment of crystal clear clarity it hit me- this is the meaning of life !
:D

I took some pics too !
Cheers,
Rob
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
garyw

Porsche

Post by garyw »

It is great to get out with the lid down in this weather.... even the street candy is more entertaining :oops:

garyw
Erha

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Erha »

Always look at the bright side of life... [whistling]... :)
100GRA
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by 100GRA »

I know exactly what you mean. I first had that feeling about four years ago. My wife and I (as is our habit) were in Higher Normandy, and we went out in the Z on a glorious summer's evening at around 6.30pm and had 90 minutes' tootle around absolutely deserted 'D' roads (nearly all green edged on the big Michelin map - i.e. picturesque scenery), to get back to the house in time for the first G&T and a barbecue.

I turned to the wife and said: "By 'eck, missus, this is what it's all about."

100 GRA - Doncaster born and bred, by the way.
flyingalexf68

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by flyingalexf68 »

Couldn't agree more. It really is so nice driving around with the roof down, going nowhere and having fun. :D
Last edited by flyingalexf68 on Fri 07 Jul, 2006 18:39, edited 1 time in total.
2001 Z3 2.2i
2000 530d Steptronic
2000 Nissan Patrol SWB Auto
Apolyon

M coupe S50

Post by Apolyon »

I want a Z!!! :cry:

My current car is up for sale this week so as soon as I have the cash in my hand I will be on the prowl for a W Reg 2.8, then I may be able to join in a bit more and find my own little meaning of life.
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

Any significance to the plates NERobbie? EC is a Westmorland registration - did it come from Bateman's? Also, my previous car (not a BM) was only a few numbers different to yours :wink:
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
komis

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by komis »

Last summer i found myself driving alone at dawn with the sun breaking over the horizon, green cypress forest mountain on my left, deep blue sea on my right, roof down, Z growling through the gear changes in the twisty mountain road, lungs full of clean cool air, heart pumping and beating strongly, feeling ALIVE...

That particular night had brought a lot of heartbreak with it, but driving to nowhere in moments like that makes you feel like nothing can break you and it's all worth it, it's all SO worth it...

And there are so many other moments when you concentrate a bit on feeling the gentle breeze on your hair and the warm sun on your skin, going back after a long day or after a particularly pleasant afternoon, you can't help but feeling so blessed... There's nothing that could finish the perfect day off any better than disappearing towards the sunset in the Z :)

No-one can understand these things but the owner-driver, I think...
wwwwOOOff!!!
Apolyon

M coupe S50

Post by Apolyon »

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Can we stop this thread for a couple of weeks until I get mine? lol
Bloke

Other roadster

Post by Bloke »

oakley6691 wrote:
komis wrote:Last summer i found myself driving alone at dawn with the sun breaking over the horizon, green cypress forest mountain on my left, deep blue sea on my right, roof down, Z growling through the gear changes in the twisty mountain road, lungs full of clean cool air, heart pumping and beating strongly, feeling ALIVE...

That particular night had brought a lot of heartbreak with it, but driving to nowhere in moments like that makes you feel like nothing can break you and it's all worth it, it's all SO worth it...

And there are so many other moments when you concentrate a bit on feeling the gentle breeze on your hair and the warm sun on your skin, going back after a long day or after a particularly pleasant afternoon, you can't help but feeling so blessed... There's nothing that could finish the perfect day off any better than disappearing towards the sunset in the Z :)

:bawl: you had me at last summer...... :bawl:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
oakley6691

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by oakley6691 »

komis wrote:Last summer i found myself driving alone at dawn with the sun breaking over the horizon, green cypress forest mountain on my left, deep blue sea on my right, roof down, Z growling through the gear changes in the twisty mountain road, lungs full of clean cool air, heart pumping and beating strongly, feeling ALIVE...

:bawl: you had me at last summer...... :bawl:
komis

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by komis »

ROFLMAO :mrgreen:

Such an operatic affair this forum, isn't it?
wwwwOOOff!!!
NERobbie

Z3 roadster 1.8

Post by NERobbie »

Robert T- The plate has no significance, no- the car is from sheffield.

100GRA- Where abouts in Doncaster ? I was driving the roads around Sprotbrough and Cadeby !

Cheers,
Rob
muppet

Z4 sDrive20i M Sport

Post by muppet »

flyingalexf68 wrote:Could'nt agree more. It really is so nice driving around with the roof down, going nowhere and having fun. :D
Took my 76 year old dad out for a day in the Zed, sun shinning top down. In his time he has done everything from BSA motor bikes in the days when helmets wern't worn driven Austin 7s , battered about in police traffic cars but he said the day in the Zed was the best day he had ever had in a car . Thats good enough for me.
I have been diagnosed with ADHOTS. Attention Deficit Hyperactive Ohh That's Shiney
flyingalexf68

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by flyingalexf68 »

muppet wrote:
flyingalexf68 wrote:Could'nt agree more. It really is so nice driving around with the roof down, going nowhere and having fun. :D
Took my 76 year old dad out for a day in the Zed, sun shinning top down. In his time he has done everything from BSA motor bikes in the days when helmets wern't worn driven Austin 7s , battered about in police traffic cars but he said the day in the Zed was the best day he had ever had in a car . Thats good enough for me.
Thats nice muppet. I've been driving my girlfriends dad to work for the last week as it's on my way. He won't let me put the roof down. Just moans about the wind or the sun on his bald head or something else. He's only 60. :(
2001 Z3 2.2i
2000 530d Steptronic
oakley6691

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by oakley6691 »

flyingalexf68 wrote:
Thats nice muppet. I've been driving my girlfriends dad to work for the last week as it's on my way. He won't let me put the roof down. Just moans about the wind or the sun on his bald head or something else. He's only 60. :(
Have you told him walking is good for him :evil:
BimBeema

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by BimBeema »

Yes, definitley! there's just something fantastic about driving the Zed with the hood down with the air not too hot, just warm or cool in country roads or by the coast. I was in Brighton on Sunday and leaving late evening, I had the same exact thoughts as the air got cooler, hood was down, sea on one side and road back to London on the other.
///M_aniac
Z Register member

M roadster S50

Post by ///M_aniac »

BimBeema wrote:Yes, definitley! there's just something fantastic about driving the Zed
I couldn't agree more. It is the best, especially after a long hard day/week in the office. It always makes me smile, always makes me feel good.

I always look back over my shoulder when I've parked her up anywhere, and when out for drives seem to stop off at numerous different lay-bys just to get out and have a look at her shiney curves.

Z cars are wonderful. Thank you BMW for creating these special little cars. Real gems. :mrgreen:
BMW Z3, the only way to build a true roadster

Image - The most powerful letter in the world.
Cloz wrote:There is something that will never change is my love for Z3
smartypants wrote:Conor?

With an M??

The World's gone mad :D
smartypants wrote:The Z3 rear is a great thing to behold ;)
///M_aniac
Z Register member

M roadster S50

Post by ///M_aniac »

BimBeema wrote:
flyingalexf68 wrote:
Oxford_gruen_II wrote: I couldn't agree more. It is the best, especially after a long hard day/week in the office. It always makes me smile, always makes me feel good.

I always look back over my shoulder when I've parked her up anywhere, and when out for drives seem to stop off at numerous different lay-bys just to get out and have a look at her shiney curves.

Z cars are wonderful. Thank you BMW for creating these special little cars. Real gems. :mrgreen:
Jesus man, get a girlriend. :shock:
ROFLMAO
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
:lol:

With an M??

flyingalexf68

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by flyingalexf68 »

Oxford_gruen_II wrote:
BimBeema wrote:Yes, definitley! there's just something fantastic about driving the Zed
I couldn't agree more. It is the best, especially after a long hard day/week in the office. It always makes me smile, always makes me feel good.

Jesus man, get a girlfriend. :shock:
Last edited by flyingalexf68 on Fri 07 Jul, 2006 22:54, edited 1 time in total.
2001 Z3 2.2i
2000 530d Steptronic
BimBeema

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by BimBeema »

flyingalexf68 wrote:
Oxford_gruen_II wrote:

Jesus man, get a girlriend. :shock:
ROFLMAO
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

flyingalexf68 wrote:Jesus man, get a girlriend. :shock:
I got myself a wife a couple of months ago. It didn't help! I still look back at my Z lovingly after I've parked her.

If I want to chill out a little, I take my Z out for a run with the top down, no matter how short. Even half a mile down the road to the supermarket gives me such a lift.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
flyingalexf68

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by flyingalexf68 »

Robert T wrote:
flyingalexf68 wrote:Jesus man, get a girlfriend. :shock:
I got myself a wife a couple of months ago. It didn't help! I still look back at my Z lovingly after I've parked her.

If I want to chill out a little, I take my Z out for a run with the top down, no matter how short. Even half a mile down the road to the supermarket gives me such a lift.
I look back at my Zed as I'm walking away after I park it, but it's usually to check that the doors are locked.
2001 Z3 2.2i
2000 530d Steptronic
Alfie
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Alfie »

flyingalexf68 wrote:I look back at my Zed as I'm walking away after I park it, but it's usually to check that the doors are locked.
Yeah, yeah....sure that's the ONLY reason......

Alex, you're the same as the rest of us, just admit it.

A.
calbens

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by calbens »

Oxford_gruen_II wrote: I always look back over my shoulder when I've parked her up anywhere, and when out for drives seem to stop off at numerous different lay-bys just to get out and have a look at her shiney curves.

:oops: :shock: Wow!........You really have got it bad

Are you sure your referring to the car :wink:
100GRA
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by 100GRA »

NERobbie - I was born and brought up in Bessacarr (Ellers Avenue), but left Doncaster in 1964. I know the Sprotbrough and Cadeby area well, because my wife was a student at High Melton (which was then a teacher training college), so we used to frequent some of the pubs around there.
flyingalexf68

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by flyingalexf68 »

Alfie wrote:
flyingalexf68 wrote:I look back at my Zed as I'm walking away after I park it, but it's usually to check that the doors are locked.

A.
Never :mrgreen:
2001 Z3 2.2i
2000 530d Steptronic
Alfie
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Alfie »

flyingalexf68 wrote:
Alfie wrote:

A.
:roflmao:
SUSSED!
///M_aniac
Z Register member

M roadster S50

Post by ///M_aniac »

Alfie wrote:
flyingalexf68 wrote:
Alfie wrote: Yeah, yeah....sure that's the ONLY reason......

A.
:roflmao:
SUSSED!
ROTFLMFAO

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Raining here today, and it's doing my head in. so been looking forward to the weekend so I could wash and wax the Zed. It's not going to happen now. :bawl:

With an M??