Chrome Door Handles....

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
road2ruin

Not specified

Chrome Door Handles....

Post by road2ruin »

Came across come chrome door handles on Ebay and decided to give them a go.....search the forum and others seemed to have done the same with some decent results.....

Anyway, got them today and all fitted....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
topfuelking

Z3 roadster 2.8 supe

Post by topfuelking »

nice
THANKS MARC
looking for a carp fishing hoilday we can help http://www.carpfishingmayenne.com

ImageSYMPTOMS OF A BOOST JUNKY

1. You get excited when it's cold outside.
2. You fill up every three days.
3. The size of your grin is directly proportional to the amount of boost you’re on.
flyingalexf68

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by flyingalexf68 »

Yes well done. Nice mod. Were they hard to fit? Mine had them on from new.
2001 Z3 2.2i
2000 530d Steptronic
2000 Nissan Patrol SWB Auto
road2ruin

Not specified

Post by road2ruin »

flyingalexf68 wrote:Yes well done. Nice mod. Were they hard to fit? Mine had them on from new.
They were very very easy to fit......clean the handles with water then wipe down with the alcohol wipes that were provided....then simply stick on using the double sided 3M tape that also came with covers....

The whole process probably took no longer than 15 mins.....
foxy
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by foxy »

They look really nice. I had them before I had my accident and they looked like the solid ones which I have now due to blagging BMW!
johnz3

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Re: Chrome Door Handles....

Post by johnz3 »

[quote="road2ruin"]Came across come chrome door handles on Ebay and decided to give them a go.....search the forum and others seemed to have done the same with some decent results.....

Anyway, got them today and all fitted....[/quote]

Hi,

Are you still pleased with them and have you the exact name of the supplier

Thanks

Door Handle Covers

Post by Guest »

I have had these on my Zed for about five years, and been very pleased with them. They are made by Wellstar, and are availbale at most 'go-Faster Goodies' stores for the E36 range.

I wasn't impressed by the sticky tape fixing for the handle surround, and took it out, using black silicone rubber instant gasket material, rubbing off the surplus the next day.
johnz3

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Re: Door Handle Covers

Post by johnz3 »

[quote="Mike Fishwick"]I have had these on my Zed for about five years, and been very pleased with them. They are made by Wellstar, and are availbale at most 'go-Faster Goodies' stores for the E36 range.

I wasn't impressed by the sticky tape fixing for the handle surround, and took it out, using black silicone rubber instant gasket material, rubbing off the surplus the next day.[/quote]

Thanks Mike
road2ruin

Not specified

Post by road2ruin »

Hi John.....I'm still v. pleased with mine and I used the bog standard 3m tape that supplier with them....stick stuck nice and snug after numerous washes.....I've had a look on ebay and the seller doesn't seem to be around anymore but there are others....

Have a look here at a set that look identical to the ones I got.....
johnz3

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by johnz3 »

[quote="road2ruin"]Hi John.....I'm still v. pleased with mine and I used the bog standard 3m tape that supplier with them....stick stuck nice and snug after numerous washes.....I've had a look on ebay and the seller doesn't seem to be around anymore but there are others....

[url=http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BMW-E32-E34-E36-Z ... dZViewItem]Have a look here[/url] at a set that look identical to the ones I got.....[/quote]

Many thanks. They are on my Christmas list.