A note for anyone looking to buy.

For the M Powered Z3 derivatives
Ed Winchester

blank.gif

A note for anyone looking to buy.

Post by Ed Winchester »

I have sadly just sold my M and would like to share my hopefully unbiased experience.

If you are considering a used M Roadster don't hesitate.

Reliability - I had 10 months of absolute trouble free motoring.

Performance - There is nothing in this price bracket (outside of jap turbo'd dog poo) that delivers this much fun for the money. 100bhp per litre from normally aspirated engine that can complete 3 laps of the Nürburgring and deliver you to your front door without missing a beat. If you were to be challenged, which you won't be, there is very little that will embarrass you at traffic lights. After owning an Elise, I'd had my fill of baseball cap wearing fcuk wits challenging me.

Image - The car is entirely classless, you could turn up at a 5 star country retreat or a burger van in Peckham and be greeted with smiles.

Practicality - It's a two seat super car and hence the reason she had to go, but still way better than a Boxster or Elise.

Residuals - Performed better than my ISA in the same period!! Mine was a low mileage mint example (most are) and didn't cost me a penny in depreciation. Sold for more than I paid.

I will miss the Z more than any other car I've owned, now having to look at "normal cars" that can carry a mountain bike / snowboard and sometime in the future a little person :|

Go buy one, then take me out in it!
skelters

Z4 roadster 2.5i

Post by skelters »

What's the new car going to be then?

4 seater convertible?

Will you be sticking with BMW or changing to something else?

I believe there may be other makes of cars on the road but for the past 6 years all I've had are BMW and never had any problems. Don't think I'd get shot of the Z4 unless I really had to and even then it'd be another BMW I'd go for.
Robin

M roadster S50

Post by Robin »

Ed
Thanks for reminding me how fortunate I am.
I never tire of driving the ///M. I often spontaneously jump into it & go for a blast.
There aren't too many cars that could have that effect on me.
At least not ones I can afford :mrgreen:
Ed Winchester

blank.gif

Post by Ed Winchester »

Well.. To be honest I'm stuck. I'm going out to drive a couple options today.

The Z sold so quickly, I haven't had time to test potential replacements. Would love to stick with BMW for build and reliability but am also tempted by Audi. I'm looking at the 3 series coupe and A3/A4. Anything I look at now seems so bland and characterless(?)

Love the Z4, maybe I should look at a tow bar and a trailer? :D
///MRoops

M roadster S54

Post by ///MRoops »

I used to have a lexus is300. The new is250 is a nice car, i think it has plenty of character as well. The build quality bomb proof and lexus customer service is totally awesome, in fact different planet when compared to BMW. I would think the is250 will hold its price better than an a4 too. :)
Taz

M roadster S50

Post by Taz »

I have been without my M for 2 weeks now and reading that has made me miss it even more :cry:
Deano1712
Z Register organiser

M roadster S50

Post by Deano1712 »

Ed,
Had my M for 3 months now and I agree there is nothing better for the money out there. Thought about a Griffith but glad I got this baby. I cant see me selling it but its nice to know that I can get what I paid for it. £12k for all this is value indeed.
Attachments
DSC01296.JPG
DSC01296.JPG (137.34 KiB) Viewed 1019 times
Z3M with a few mods...and a little bit more power
risquenun

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by risquenun »

Just went out on Friday with my 81year old Aunt and got her to order a new 120D SE BMW with 6 speed auto. Very nice (and quick!).
Got a good deal on it as well for an end of Sept delivery .
Worth a look at under £23000 with £3,000+ worth of options :lol: :lol:
This Orinoco doesn't Womble.