M Roadtser tuning

For the M Powered Z3 derivatives
drummachine

M roadster S50

M Roadtser tuning

Post by drummachine »

Im looking at tuning my M roadtser and need some advise. I have now owned it for 18months and fancy doing some mods. I am currently installing angel eyes (shall post some pics when finished) and would love to try and get 30bhp moer if poss (without getting silly).

So far i am looking at getting the stage 2 simota induction kit - roughly how much bhp should i expect from this?

Also in the near future would like to get a new throaty exhaust system.

Any other ideas?

Many thanks!!
Shraz

M coupe S50

Post by Shraz »

I have had the Simota stage 2 done. I fitted the induction kit a few days back and it made an instant difference to the way the car responds. I had the re-map done as of today and it's extremely nice. Sadly it was pissing it down with rain all day so I haven't been able to have a really good blast in it yet, but the difference from before to after was still clear even in conditions that required caution.

The chap who did the re-map says the gain is about 24 or so HP. There are some dyno printouts for the kit on XS Performance site I think. The throttle response and pick up is much better so it's not just about the BHP. He also has the same kit in his M Coupe which he arrived in today and it sounded fantastic. I think his name is maahny on here and no doubt he will follow up this post and fill you in on the details. XS performance were a pleasure to deal with so I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them. I think this is a great way to get a few decent HP more without messing about with internals or turbos etc.
Rags

M coupe S50

Post by Rags »

Yep, M44HNY is the man for the job!

Despite being a good mate of mine, these guys know their stuff and Imy has an MCoupe with all the mods, so it helps.
Peter12

Z8 roadster

Post by Peter12 »

how about a remap?
drummachine

M roadster S50

Post by drummachine »

Shraz: Sounds excellent. Shall have to seriuosly look into that.

The 24bhp increaese. Does that include the Filter?
Shraz

M coupe S50

Post by Shraz »

Yes, that's the filter and re-map. The filter I think is about 10, but even on its own it changes the way the car responds through the rev range and in a good way. The throttle response was better and it seemed to iron out some flat spots and give better pick-up low down. Also at high revs the power stays available for longer.

I took the car out again today with the full stage 2 as it was a bit drier, and I have to say the change is quite something. Every time I thought I had reached peak power another band seemed to kick in, especially at about 5500 rpm. I need to go to an old airfield to do a few runs to take some audio and I'll post it.
stu

Z3 roadster 2.8 supe

Post by stu »

Contact John Beckett (M Blur on here) for advice. He did more than any other I've known on an S50.

It's also in the BMW Car Club mag if you can search/contact the club office.
someone in a minority once wrote:I know I'm in a minority
Lee

M coupe S52

Post by Lee »

stu wrote:Contact John Beckett (M Blur on here) for advice. He did more than any other I've known on an S50.

It's also in the BMW Car Club mag if you can search/contact the club office.

John indeed did have a very special car!
Estoril2000 M Coupe,KWv3suspension,H&R ARB's,Eibach Adj top mounts,Carbon Strut,BBS LM, 3.64LSD,L/W Flywheel&M5 clutch,Supersprint with decat, Brembo calipers&CSL discs,Recaro PolePositions, Hamann Spoiler, Schnitzer Splitters,pedals&handbrake
Shraz

M coupe S50

Post by Shraz »

Here's a zip file of how the car sounds after the remap. Just a small wav file inside. The car is so much more responsive it's quite addictive, and I keep finding excuses to 'nip down to the shops', not that I didn't before the remap/induction.
Attachments
simota_and_remap.zip
(75.37 KiB) Downloaded 114 times