Really ANGRY !!!!!!

For the M Powered Z3 derivatives
Gazza

M roadster S54

Really ANGRY !!!!!!

Post by Gazza »

I took the ///M in for Service at Sytner Dealership this morning....This is what happened....

Email to Sytner Customer Services

"BMW Z3M ROADSTER 2001 Reg No. GAZ 2451

The above vehicle was booked in for service today at your Chigwell Essex branch for Inspection II, Brake Fluid Change and Coolant change. Quoted prices are £450 for the Inspection II and £175 combined for the Brake Fluid and Coolant change......Total £625. Full details of the vehicle and contact numbers were given on the day of booking to the Service Receptionist.

On arrival at the branch this morning I was told that there weren't any details available for my vehicle except the Registration mark and that it was booked for the above Services. I found this strange as I had received a Text message reminding me that the car was booked in for service .The member of staff asked what I had been quoted for the Service and I gave him the above figures, He immediately responded that those figures were wrong and that the Inspection II would be in excess of £800 alone. He said he would speak to the Service Manager. He returned 10 minutes later with a printed list of Service charges showing all Z3 Service costs except the Z3M, apologised and said the best they would do is to meet me half way on the increased costs, this I refused . I had also been given a quotation by your Stratford East London branch of £649 complete for the same work.

I find it unbelievable that an organisation as large as Sytner can be giving out misleading information on basic items such as Service costs when there is obviously a different price structure known to members of staff.

I will be pleased to hear your response to this matter"

F**king fuming !!

Gazza.
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
smartypants

Other roadster

Post by smartypants »

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

I am only laughing in sympathy Gaz! Sytner are simply terrible. My local garage has been William Jacks Sunningdale, and for about 2 years I have had impeccable service from them, and have even raved to non-BMW owners about how great it is to be a Beamer owner, and what great service I receive.

They have since changed to Sytner and its completely nosedived. The staff are ruder (although I am not sure they have changed!), the service awful and the costs much higher. They tried to charge me for a NUMBER PLATE in an Inspection I... no MOT, just a service! Since when was a number plate part of a service!? They have also failed to fix the heater control bulbs 3 times, and also told me I could just come in and get it done on the spot while I wait. When I have tried to do that they've fobbed me off saying they'll need the car all day.

I am going to an independant from now on who fixed my dashboard light problem with ease... were courteous and accomodating - not to mention a good price

I share your pain Gaz.
Boysie

M roadster S50

Post by Boysie »

Hi

I was under the impression that ALL BMW dealers
gave a discount, to encourage older cars back to dealers for serving
Maybe its there way of getting you in
hoping you might say, alright go a head
i'm to busy to go else where

i now to ask for the service manager and go for his throat

So what was your decision Gary
Go somewhere else i hope

I still have two lights with the dilemma dealers or independants

ray
Ray

S50 ///M Roadster, Arctic Silver, Imola Red/Black interior
1970 Austin Healey Sprite, Original ' Now Sold :-(
2002 Harley 1130cc V Rod Custom

Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

Hi Ray, I've decided to go Indy...........But I'll wait for a response to the email first.

Gazza.
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

ImageImage
Boysie

M roadster S50

Post by Boysie »

Gary

Don't take it out on your poor defenseless fishes

Ray
Ray

Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

I'm fine...........Just been speaking with a friend who makes me laugh......so all the anger has gone now :wink:
Gazza

ImageImage
whiteminks

M roadster S54

Post by whiteminks »

garythefish wrote:I'm fine...........Just been speaking with a friend who makes me laugh......so all the anger has gone now :wink:

Oooooooooooooh G , that was scary for a moment.
It is bloody annoying :head: If they can't even get the price of the serivce right then what might they do to the car ???

Glad you can smile again now :wink:
big cheesy wrote:'I nearly cacked my trolleys till I quickly tuned in'. Yorkshire Cruise 2008.
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

Hi Gazza,

Really sorry to hear about this. Is your car over 4 years old? If so then it MAY qualify for the Four Plus discount. I really don't know how the scheme works, but is supposed to entitle you to something like a 10% of certain things. I don't know whether all dealers participate in this though. Wonder if your first price included this?

It also seems that different $tealers are reading from different hymn sheets! The $tealer I take mine to is always very reasonable - they do charge everything they do - but it is all itemized. I don't know whether they have any leeway for customer loyalty - as they asked me once, "do we know the car?" My answer - yes, of course you do, you sold it to me! :lol:

Could it be that if you only gave them your personalized reg, they didn't recognize it as the car you bought. Should maybe have quoted the VIN to them.

One thing you could quickly try is to have a look on a few local $tealer websites. Most of them offer to book a service, but I did find one a little while ago that quoted prices as well. You are only looking for 3 standard items.

Hope you get sorted soon.

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
burmagirl
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by burmagirl »

Can't remember if I originally mentioned it on the forum but when I was looking at changing the zed at the beginning of Jan, I enquired about one that Sytner's had. They were keen to get me to buy the car they had - 'what would it take for you to buy our car? ' - sight unseen, offering to bring it down here for me & take mine away. :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

I said I wanted some vital info (ie what they'd give for mine) before I even came up for the test drive. They eventually rang back 24 hours later. I was out, so the guy spoke to Alan & offered 5k PX. Al said this was far less than I'd been offered anywhere else & the guy said in that case there must be a massive markup on the cars I was thinking of buying. In fact they were newer, cheaper, & with lower mileage, than the Sytner one.

burmagirl
BimBeema

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by BimBeema »

Gary - why not try Stephen James in Enfield, that's not too far from you - They're not the cheapest but I remember they were better price wise than both Chigwell and Stratford Sytner when I was shopping around for my service! However much better experience than Scothall who are absolute pants with their customer service.

I used SJ for my service, they rang to ask if I wanted extra things done rather than just go ahead and try to charge me for it which some $tealers will attempt to. however when I picked the car up, it hadn't been washed or hoovered, so I asked if it wasn't normal practice to do that as part of their service as all other dealers do. Service Manager apologised, said it was and promptly had the car washed and hoovered for me whilst I was directed to a lounge/waiting area for tea/coffee, biscuits and cold drinks! so wasn't too bad!

Worth a try, even if only for price comparison! 02084438443
Phoenix Nights

Not specified

Post by Phoenix Nights »

Gazza - that sounds bloomin' typical. You often get a sudden change in story when it comes to actually doing the work and handing over the cash.

The best advice I can give is to find a good indy and stick to it. Easier said than done, I know.
tags
Z Register member

M roadster S50

Post by tags »

I found similar problems gaz when mine went for insp 2. I had to make sure they went away and quoted for the ///M. Some quotes i had were for around £300, but it wasn't until i asked them wether i should bring the car the day before that they said "Why?". I then informed them that its an ///M and it needs to be in for service the day before the service as on a Insp2 they check your clearances etc and that has to be done on a cold engine. They then came back and said, that i was right and also the insp2 was not £300, but £800.
It was amazing to find that out of the main dealers in Manchester, only 1, Bluebell Stockport, told me i had to bring the car in the day before.

Expect to pay circa £800 plus vat from a dealer.

Tags
Alfie
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Alfie »

Like I said in the other thread when you said how cheap your dealer was, Scotthall Watford told me £1200 for Insp II.....but their ///M expert could probably do it in his spare time for half that....Hmmmmm.

I had a wee incling that something wasn't quite right....

Get yerself off to an indi.

A.
ribs

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by ribs »

Gary.... I dont want to get you angry again, but........ :?

My Zeds in for Inspection 2 tomorrow at my local dealer (Elms). I have been quoted £295.00 including parts and labour!!.... oh, and I get 10% off because the car is more than 4 years old, so thats £265.00. :oops:

This is the second BMW ive had and I have always had them serviced at the dealers.. its a good friendly service, they call me 'Sir' and 'Mr Kirkwood' and, from what I have read above, bloody good value. :P

The Little Red Roadster
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

Hate to pour water on your fire, ribs, but Gazza's car is a slightly different kettle of fish to either of ours! There are a number of extra things that are done in an Insp II on an ///M which are not performed on any of the non-///M Z3's. The ///M Insp II is consequently more expensive.

I find my dealer (Bateman, Grange-over-Sands) offers good value for money, but I have no idea how well they would cope with an ///M car. My family has been dealing with them for at least 25 years, and I hate to see all dealers tarred with the same brush, as they are very good. Bit of a long drive for Gazza though!

What gets my goat is that this lot seem to feel that they can quote you a price over the phone and then decide that they got it wrong. In my book that should be as binding as a written quotation.

As tags has said, they do seem to vary immensely when handed an ///M. If they can't quote the right service, then it makes you wonder at their competence when it actually comes to the service itself. It may just be a numpty that answers the phone and the technicians are good, but would you want to find out?

As I said, you may be able to check the price online yourself, and you can then make sure it is for the right model!

I would be interested if anyone has any info on the Four Plus scheme. I would like to know what it covers and how to tell if a dealer participates.

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
RobBruce

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by RobBruce »

BimBeema wrote:Gary - why not try Stephen James in Enfield, that's not too far from you - They're not the cheapest but I remember they were better price wise than both Chigwell and Stratford Sytner when I was shopping around for my service! However much better experience than Scothall who are absolute pants with their customer service.

I used SJ for my service, they rang to ask if I wanted extra things done rather than just go ahead and try to charge me for it which some $tealers will attempt to. however when I picked the car up, it hadn't been washed or hoovered, so I asked if it wasn't normal practice to do that as part of their service as all other dealers do. Service Manager apologised, said it was and promptly had the car washed and hoovered for me whilst I was directed to a lounge/waiting area for tea/coffee, biscuits and cold drinks! so wasn't too bad!

Worth a try, even if only for price comparison! 02084438443
:shock: :shock: :shock:

I wouldn't touch them with a rusty one now..............

I used to work Enfield and had a good relationship with SJ. However, the last couple of time I went I was disgusted at the service I received. They failed to diagnose a faulty thermostat, even when I PRINTED the exact fault from this site and handed it to them :head:

They ordered the wrong wheel spacers, despite me telling them exactly what I wanted and showed them on the computer.

When they arrived, they were the wrong ones, and they only ordered 3! They then tried to blame me for only ordering the 3!!

They wouldn't test drive my car on a motorway, even though I said the 'wobble' happened at about 70mph, because it was too far away. The M25 is 5 mins from the dealership.............

I went to Ripspeed (i think) in St Albans, who fixed the wheels with the right spacers in 20 mins. I tried Harpenden Autos for the thermo. Met Steve who said "Oh these always go wrong on Z3s. Thermo sticks open, I'll have that done in an hour" Which he did, and fitted my front strut for nothing. :D

Needless to say, I've never been back to Stephen James. Very expensive, shite service (although the coffee is nice). HAS every time.

Hope this helps
Rob
In God We Trust - everyone else gets PNC'd.
Boysie

M roadster S50

Post by Boysie »

Hi Ribs

Robert got in before me

i had a z3 1.9, those were the days cheap services
The most i paid for an inspec11 + bits was about
£200 and that was years ago

but now i have My fantastic MR//
well say no more

just a footnote how much does it cost to call you sir these days

Ray
Ray

ZZZEMMCO
Z Register organiser

M coupe S50

Unacceptable Non service

Post by ZZZEMMCO »

If you are disatisfied with a dealer :head: ALWAYS advise customer relations@ BMW UK of your problem with FACTS.If a number of complaints naming a particular dealership are received, bracknell WiLL investigate---even Sytner. :twisted:
safetyfast
///M_aniac
Z Register member

M roadster S50

Re: Unacceptable Non service

Post by ///M_aniac »

ZZZEMMCO wrote:If you are disatisfied with a dealer :head: ALWAYS advise customer relations@ BMW UK of your problem with FACTS.If a number of complaints naming a particular dealership are received, bracknell WiLL investigate---even Sytner. :twisted:
True. Always pass on feedback.
BMW Z3, the only way to build a true roadster

Image - The most powerful letter in the world.
Cloz wrote:There is something that will never change is my love for Z3
smartypants wrote:Conor?

With an M??

The World's gone mad :D
smartypants wrote:The Z3 rear is a great thing to behold ;)
deanmf2

M roadster S50

service cost

Post by deanmf2 »

:?: I phone my local dealer SYTNER last week to enquire about an inspection 1 service on my m. The guy on the phone quoted £600 +vat (thats including the discount) and said that the clearences needed to be checked thats why the cost were high.

My local indy quoted £269
brenmona

M coupe S54

Post by brenmona »

When my fan switch packed up I took the car to BMW Bromley, the guy in service said it was £155+vat labour per hour, and to plug in their fault finding machine was £65 plus vat.

Plus I would need to book the car in, and they'd need it for a day, and they couldnt do it for a week or so.

The sales prevention course he went on worked for me :-)

Fixed it my self in 20 minutes for £0, wire had come off :-) result
Z3m Coupe 2001 S54 Silver, Black- Grey Interior
Andrew330Ci

blank.gif

Post by Andrew330Ci »

When i had my Z3M serviced at Sytner is an Inspection 2, and it came out at £1013 for all the work inc. rear discs and pads, it is a lot of money, I only done that due to the warranty i had with it.

Inspection 2's are the most expensive.
smartypants

Other roadster

Re: Unacceptable Non service

Post by smartypants »

ZZZEMMCO wrote:If you are disatisfied with a dealer :head: ALWAYS advise customer relations@ BMW UK of your problem with FACTS.If a number of complaints naming a particular dealership are received, bracknell WiLL investigate---even Sytner. :twisted:
I could just go to the front desk for you all... i live in Bracknell. I'll print out some letters :D
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

It may come to that if I'm not happy with the reply to my Email to Sytner Customer Services
Gazza

ImageImage
smartypants

Other roadster

Post by smartypants »

I'll make up a big sign too :D

Maybe a little demonstration?
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

Just received from Synter

"Thank you for your email 15 February 2007 10:19.

I write to advise that decisions in relation to your vehicle issues will be addressed by Adrian Hill our Dealer Principal responsible for Sytner BMW Chigwell.

Therefore to avoid delay in resolving this matter I have forwarded a copy of your details to Adrian for further investigation.

Thank you for taking the trouble to bring this matter to our attention, the dealership will be in contact with you shortly. However, if in the meantime you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours sincerely

Caroline Weston

Customer Service Manager

Sytner Group Ltd

(T) 0116 245 6225

(F) 0709 286 7676

carolineweston@sytner.co.uk"

I wonder what will happen now????? :roll:

Gazza.
Gazza

ImageImage
trickyb

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by trickyb »

Don't think i'd be holding my breath, Gazza :head:
I spent most of my money on whisky, women and Z3's. The rest I just wasted.

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken.
321bhp

Not specified

hi

Post by 321bhp »

just dug out the inspection 1 done on the m on the 14/7/2006
and toal was £712.85

total was for the inspection 1,plus replace coolant,add anti-freeze,plus re-place alternator drive belt,15% discount as per four plus campain,

if that helps,done by sewels,bishops stortford,who have just gone ovee to elms now
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

Thanks Mate :wink:
Gazza

ImageImage
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

AN UPDATE

No reply from The Dealer Principal at Sytner :head: :head: :head:

Booked into the Indy for the Insp II,Coolant,Brake Fluid & Throttle Position Switch for £600 all in including BMW Parts

Going in tomorrow

Gazza.
Gazza

ImageImage
Phil

M roadster S54

Post by Phil »

We deal with Sytner Solihull and get on really well with them - we have 3 BMs all serviced with them etc.. Daughter took hers in for an oil service last week and had a quote from a local indy and decided to stick with Sytners cos the price was not too different. Anyway quote excluded VAT and she thought it included VAT so final bill was much higher.
She paid, came home and checked the info written down and then queried it with Sytners. They offered her a £25 credit note and apologised. Her comment was -- I dont want a credit note I might not come back to you and if I do it might be for a long time. So they offered her a £50 credit note with no time restriction off any service or repair. Nice one she thought and thank you Sytners Solihull.
Sapphire black/Imola red and black interior/ red roof/ S54 - the only RHD one made.

"The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire."
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

All down to the Dealer Principal, yours is ok..............Mine unfortunately isnt :cry:

Gazza.
Gazza

ImageImage
Phil

M roadster S54

Post by Phil »

Yeah -- the dealer principal brought the Z4M Roadster to Gaydon for everyone to see when we had our big gathering last April just after launch. In fact they had it registered specially for us. They also let me have it for a whole day to thrash around the Cotswolds.
Sapphire black/Imola red and black interior/ red roof/ S54 - the only RHD one made.

"The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire."
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

I remember that..........I was there in my 2.8 then

Gazza.
Gazza

ImageImage
brenmona

M coupe S54

Post by brenmona »

garythefish wrote:AN UPDATE

No reply from The Dealer Principal at Sytner :head: :head: :head:

Booked into the Indy for the Insp II,Coolant,Brake Fluid & Throttle Position Switch for £600 all in including BMW Parts

Going in tomorrow

Gazza.
So much for main dealer customer service eh :(

You should email Synters Customer services lady caroline to let her know, she must have forwarded you email to someone at the branch who has filed it in the bin, well that person should be binned 8-)
Z3m Coupe 2001 S54 Silver, Black- Grey Interior
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

Good idea Thanks.........................I'll do it tomorrow

Gazza.
Gazza

ImageImage
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

I sent Sytner another email today...........

"Thankyou for your reply to my previous email...........copy attached for reference.

Its a disappointment that the Dealer Principal Mr Adrian Hill isn't as conciencious, as I have had no contact from him regarding this matter.

I am not going to express my displeasure with Sytner Dealerships any further, but if asked by members of BMWCC (GB) and various BMW forums that i use extensively, I will give my opinion of Customer Care by Sytner BMW

Yours Sincerely"

Within 10 minutes of sending the email, Ms Weston was on the phone saying she had spoken to the Dealer Principal who had just sent me a letter (Yeah Right).

10 minutes later The Dealer Principal was on the phone full of apologies and said he had passed this matter to his Service Manager and cant understand what had gone wrong (yeah yeah yeah).............Anyway he offered to do the Coolant and Brake Fluid for free as a token of Goodwill, but I would have to pay £850 for the Insp II.................I said thanks but no thanks as I had booked into My Indy for today............£600 all in including the Throttle Position Switch.

Picked the car up tonight and it drives like a dream.........I can highly recommend the Indy :D :D

Gazza.
Gazza

ImageImage
smartypants

Other roadster

Post by smartypants »

Indy's rule!!!

I have also snubbed Sytner off the back of this (and my own experiences)

Glad to see you hold firm Gaz :twisted: :twisted:
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

A customer lost by Sytner

A customer gained by an Indy :D

Gazza.
Gazza

ImageImage
AndyBass
Z Register member

BMW other

Post by AndyBass »

Who no doubt welcomes the business a lot more than uncle Frank.
We all have a photographic memory, just some don't take the lens cap off!