She's Home!!!! My new pride & joy pictures

For the M Powered Z3 derivatives
Dino

M roadster S50

She's Home!!!! My new pride & joy pictures

Post by Dino »

Hi all,

At last she's finally here with me, ive just completed a 250 mile journey from Falkirk to Manchester and what a journey it was, she really is a head turner, especially with the top down, but i felt a little self concious what with the overcast sky to leave it down for too long!

First impressions are.........AWESOME!!! An absolute stunning example with 52k on the clock and excellent condition for a '98. The bodykit looks fantastic and also it has a bonnet bulge with mesh that i never noticed before, the pics just dont do her justice.

Mods i know about so far are, zeemax bodykit, custom bonnett with 3 air ducts, eisenmann exhaust, front & rear strut brace Gruppe M air filter & Racelogic traction control. She does feel a fair bit quicker than the one i drove the other day, and i believe the previous owner, John Beckett may have done a bit more so will trawl through the receipts.

I can tell she's not quite as ridiculous as my old Supra but thats to be expected as that was a 3 litre twin turbo. The power delivery is a lot more smooth and definately more "linear" as some one else mentioned it would be on here.

One thing i would say is.............where is 6th gear????! it seems crazy that it doesnt have one, especially on the motorway as 5th seems to top out at around 140 - 145 - is this normal or do you think maybe i have a close ratio box? i expected i would have hit the 155 limiter but didnt get close, thats the only disadvantage i have found so far.

Thirsty arent they??! ha ha! I got about 220 miles out of a full tank, seemed to stay on full forever then......gone! i was obviously seein how she did though.

Best part of the trip was out running a cocky impreza driver down the M6, shortly after i slowed back to normal speed and to my amusment a guy in a silver astra who must have seen me went by nodding his head and smiling at me, whether it was for the performance he'd just witnessed or the way the car looks im not sure but it still brought a smile to my face! :D

What do you think of her?? I reckon an absolute steal for 10 grand!
Attachments
MR 5
MR 5
BMW M-Z3 (2).jpg (51.19 KiB) Viewed 4152 times
MR 1
MR 1
BMW M-Z3.jpg (60.96 KiB) Viewed 4157 times
MR 2
MR 2
BMW M-Z3 (3).jpg (53.16 KiB) Viewed 4157 times
MR 3
MR 3
BMW M-Z3 (4).jpg (66.28 KiB) Viewed 4157 times
MR 4
MR 4
BMW M-Z3 (5).jpg (42.42 KiB) Viewed 4157 times
Last edited by Dino on Thu 25 Oct, 2007 18:33, edited 1 time in total.
pingu

M roadster S50

Re: She's Home!!!! My new pride & joy pictures

Post by pingu »

Dino wrote:I reckon an absolute steal for 10 grand!
http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/252151.htm

£11,000 on PH. You did really well. Just goes to show what the real value is, BUYER'S market.
Pingu
whiteminks

M roadster S54

Post by whiteminks »

She looks fabulous Dino :wink:

I bet you are knackered but walking on air! :D

Mine is being delivered next Friday and I am sooooooooo excited.

I have a long drive ahead of me tomorrow as I am going to the Lake District for the weekend and have hired a 1959 frogeye sprite. Not quite as refined as the M methinks but it will be an ace laugh :wink: :lol: :lol:
big cheesy wrote:'I nearly cacked my trolleys till I quickly tuned in'. Yorkshire Cruise 2008.
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

Pleased you like her Dino :D

You do tend to use a little fuel when you have a 'SPRITED DRIVE' :twisted:

Gazza.
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
Dino

M roadster S50

Post by Dino »

thanks minx!

Elated would probably be the best word! gonna go alton towers in her tomorrow, what a fun day that should be too!

Hope you enjoy the lake district, i forgot how stunning that area was until i saw it again today
pingu

M roadster S50

Post by pingu »

Dino wrote:Hope you enjoy the lake district, i forgot how stunning that area was until i saw it again today
It looks so much better when you can see it all. I feel sorry for those that go there in their tin boxes.
Pingu
whiteminks

M roadster S54

Post by whiteminks »

I've never toured the Lake district before guys so am really looking forward to it :wink:

Don't go too wild on the rides at Alton Towers Dino. I am sure they won't come anywhere close to your new M :wink:
big cheesy wrote:'I nearly cacked my trolleys till I quickly tuned in'. Yorkshire Cruise 2008.
stu

Z3 roadster 2.8 supe

Post by stu »

You bagged a bargain, well done and ENJOY :D
someone in a minority once wrote:I know I'm in a minority
JAY
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by JAY »

congrats on the new zed.

I believe the reason that the car tops out at 140-145 is that John did indeed fit a close ratio box. I bet it feels allot quicker of the mark though. :twisted:
tags
Z Register member

M roadster S50

Post by tags »

Hi Dino,

Blur was a big contributor to the board and made many other mods that i am sure you will find interesting to read about if you search the forum. Whereabouts in manchester are you? I will have to look out for you, I am near the airport.

Tags
Dino

M roadster S50

Post by Dino »

Thanks everyone.

I live in Whitefield, near Prestwich in North manc, used to work at the freight terminal near hale though!

Is the best way to search for mods to search for all posts by M Blur? i tried e-mailing him yesterday but have had no response :(
BimBeema

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by BimBeema »

Congrats on the new motor - she looks gorgeous!

If I'm not mistaken, that's a pair of "Animal" front and rear bumpers!
Dino

M roadster S50

Post by Dino »

Are they really??

You'd know better than me mate, the advertisment stated zeemax kit so thats all i have to go off.
BimBeema

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by BimBeema »

Dino wrote:Are they really??

You'd know better than me mate, the advertisment stated zeemax kit so thats all i have to go off.
Yep Zeemax they are - Animal is the model as they did different variations I believe.
compaqnx6110

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by compaqnx6110 »

Dino wrote:Thanks everyone.

I live in Whitefield, near Prestwich in North manc, used to work at the freight terminal near hale though!

Is the best way to search for mods to search for all posts by M Blur? i tried e-mailing him yesterday but have had no response :(
I've seen a few posts of him spanking it on youtube before....
garyw

Porsche

Post by garyw »

Nice to see the car back into the fold and in enthusiast hands once again...

Nice one Dino...
Deano1712
Z Register organiser

M roadster S50

Post by Deano1712 »

Hi Dino. The car looks very nice and you got a good deal too, well done.

You would normally get over 220 miles from a tank on a long run. Your gearing has obviously been changed, maybe that has affected it a bit?? A standard M will do 160+mph no problem.
Z3M with a few mods...and a little bit more power
321bhp

Not specified

Post by 321bhp »

nice car you said.The bodykit looks fantastic and also it has a bonnet bulge with mesh that i never noticed before,

is that the little side bits or on top of the bonnet :?: :?:
Dino

M roadster S50

Post by Dino »

Cheers guys - I do absolutely love her!

321, the bonnet bulge im referrin to is not the two little sid bits, its a big bulge in the centre which grows towars the windscreen but is sliced off just before it get there and mesh placed in the gap. You can see it at the very top of this picture
Attachments
DSC002898.JPG
(130.09 KiB) Downloaded 158 times
Dino

M roadster S50

Post by Dino »

As for the short ratio box, i think it is extremely likely, it really seems like there should be another gear after 5th, check this RPM at speed:

In 5th gear:

50 mph = 2500 rpm
60 mph = 3000 rpm
80 mph = 4100 rpm
100 mph = 5200 rpm

I'll bet my bottom dollar your MR's are at much lower revs than mine at a ton. If so, its not the end of the world, just makes for more blistering acceleration! Have to keep away from those long journeys tho!
321bhp

Not specified

Post by 321bhp »

Dino wrote:Cheers guys - I do absolutely love her!

321, the bonnet bulge im referrin to is not the two little sid bits, its a big bulge in the centre which grows towars the windscreen but is sliced off just before it get there and mesh placed in the gap. You can see it at the very top of this picture
come on its still not a good pic,take one from the side view,you just dont want to show people your big bulge now do you :lol: :lol: :twisted: :twisted:
///M_aniac
Z Register member

M roadster S50

Post by ///M_aniac »

Very nice mate. Congratulations. Health to enjoy!

:P
BMW Z3, the only way to build a true roadster

Image - The most powerful letter in the world.
Cloz wrote:There is something that will never change is my love for Z3
smartypants wrote:Conor?

With an M??

The World's gone mad :D
smartypants wrote:The Z3 rear is a great thing to behold ;)
c_w

M roadster S50

Post by c_w »

Dino wrote:As for the short ratio box, i think it is extremely likely, it really seems like there should be another gear after 5th, check this RPM at speed:

In 5th gear:

50 mph = 2500 rpm
60 mph = 3000 rpm
80 mph = 4100 rpm
100 mph = 5200 rpm

I'll bet my bottom dollar your MR's are at much lower revs than mine at a ton. If so, its not the end of the world, just makes for more blistering acceleration! Have to keep away from those long journeys tho!
Sounds like it has 3.64 ratio diff fitted.
Dino

M roadster S50

Post by Dino »

compaqnx6110 wrote:

Do you know where i met find vids of him spanking her???
321bhp

Not specified

Post by 321bhp »

Dino wrote:
compaqnx6110 wrote:

Do you know where i met find vids of him spanking her???
here maybe :lol: :lol: :lol:
Attachments
demoulin_lifting_and_spanking_machine.jpg
(169.58 KiB) Downloaded 139 times
pingu

M roadster S50

Post by pingu »

I'm off out to the shed to make me one of them there spanking machines :twisted:
Pingu
Daz

M roadster S54

Post by Daz »

Hey Dino, I was brought up in Whitefield and my Dad still lives there. Havent visited for a while though.

I now enjoy the tropical climate down here in Kent.

Used to spend a lot of under age drinking time in the Bull near the junction of Raggy New Road and Bury Old Road is it still there?

Daz
Dino

M roadster S50

Post by Dino »

Alright Daz mate. Small world eh? i live in some new apartments built just down the road from whitefield park. You may know my dads restaurant then? its called Peppe's Pizzeria, just up the road from the bull next to the met station.

Yeah the bulls heads still there mate, although the derby next door has been converted into another italian restaurant. Was a bit of a dive anyway! The builfing which was once Safeway then the brand centre has been knocked down and they're building a new Morrisons there.

What made you leave the beautiful suburb of whitefield then??!
Daz

M roadster S54

Post by Daz »

Left Whitefield years ago to go to college in Brighton so its changed massively since I lived there. My old school (Stand Grammar) is now a load of apartments too.

My Dad's house overlooks Springwater Park so I used to spend most of my time down there - surprised they havent "apartmented" that too.
offyourmarks

M roadster S52

Post by offyourmarks »

car looks great dino 8-)

not too far from you either - live in glazebrook; a little village near warrington. quite rural and near a great twisty country lane too!

one of my clients lives near you; prestwich

we will have to arrange a north west meet up or something? ive only just got mine too

matt
Dino

M roadster S50

Post by Dino »

Yeah matt that sounds good.

No way! one of my clients is also in Glazebury, Dornack intl on Albion Park, Warrington road, you know where that is?

Not far from Prestwich at all, what do yo do for a living? im an area manager for a shipping line

You got any pics of your new toy?
jamila

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by jamila »

Beautiful, enjoy Dino :)

Jamila