Z4M steering wheel...

For the M Powered Z3 derivatives
Dazed 'n Confused

M coupe S54

Z4M steering wheel...

Post by Dazed 'n Confused »

Gents

A quick search shows me this topic has been raised before but then fizzled out?

Has anyone fitted a Z4M wheel to a Z3M? Had a go in a mates Z4M recently and whilst it didn't float my boat in the same way as mine it did highlight how big the standard wheel is - I'm 6'4'' so it's a bit of a squeeze anyway!!

Prefer the feel of the new wheel as well it providing a bit more room. Seen the Raid wheel on another post but don't really like the design, picky I know but there you go!!

Over to you...
c_w

M roadster S50

Post by c_w »

It won't be a straight fit as BMW changed the way the eletrics to the wheel work from the Z3/E36 to E46 (but the Z3 remained similar to the E36 style fitment through productin). I believe it will physically fit the centre column but if you left it with a garage to fit, they'd probably make a meal of it.

I would be fairly confident that I'd be able to fit one if I had one of these (I have the Raid wheel but would consider swapping to a proper BMW wheel like a Z4 if I came across one).
komis

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by komis »

There was an MZ4 steering wheel on eBay recently, the owner claimed it fit the e46 steering column perfectly and had piccies to prove.

The airbag connectors also apparently fit correctly (obviously no connectors for the multifunction system though).

So as long as your Z3 is a facelift (post-2000), the steering wheel should fit just fine.
wwwwOOOff!!!
PhoenixCoupe

Z4 coupe 3.0si

Post by PhoenixCoupe »

It would fit the E46 no problem, as the Z4 is closely related...
押忍!闘え!応援団