very nice m roadster goes for £6,300 on ebay,things are bad

For the M Powered Z3 derivatives
321bhp

Not specified

very nice m roadster goes for £6,300 on ebay,things are bad

Post by 321bhp »

cant beleive it went that cheap,we are in the credit crunch big time :cry: :cry: :cry:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0261716019
Deano1712
Z Register organiser

M roadster S50

Post by Deano1712 »

That looks like the car deanmf2 was trying to sell earlier in the year. His profile says Leicester.
Cheap price. Mine must be worth £6k on that basis :cry:
Z3M with a few mods...and a little bit more power
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

Deano1712 wrote:That looks like the car deanmf2 was trying to sell earlier in the year. His profile says Leicester.
Yours is worth £2k with that dodgy welding it's going to get :lol: :lol:
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
aj2007

M roadster S50

Post by aj2007 »

Oops left ya self wide open there Deano :roflmao: :roflmao:
aj2007

M roadster S50

Post by aj2007 »

Dupe!! Again!!!
Last edited by aj2007 on Fri 31 Oct, 2008 17:26, edited 1 time in total.
Deano1712
Z Register organiser

M roadster S50

Post by Deano1712 »

garythefish wrote:
Deano1712 wrote:That looks like the car deanmf2 was trying to sell earlier in the year. His profile says Leicester.
Yours is worth £2k with that dodgy welding it's going to get :lol: :lol:
Haha very good. I think you are right though I have been wielding the angle grinder and only have half a boot floor now! :roll:
aj2007

M roadster S50

Post by aj2007 »

As long as you haven't set fire to anything yet, thats the main thing. You have got to do mine when you have practised on yours :lol:

Ade
pingu

M roadster S50

Post by pingu »

At £6,300 I'll soon be getting one. Maybe by Christmas, but I doubt it.
Pingu
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

pingu wrote:At £6,300 I'll soon be getting one. Maybe by Christmas, but I doubt it.
"I used to be indecisive but now I'm not so sure" :P
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
Robin

M roadster S50

Post by Robin »

Thanks 321. That makes me about £3k poorer than I thought I was :|
'High G' motoring enthusiast
pingu

M roadster S50

Post by pingu »

It just goes to show that when you buy a car you should write-off all the money.

When (if) you can sell it later, it's a bonus.

It really makes me glad I paid £21,000 for my lump of Bavarian rust :head: .
Pingu
321bhp

Not specified

Post by 321bhp »

wait another 7 years,the zm will be a classic worth £15,000 i hope :lol: :lol: :lol:
Orinoco

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Orinoco »

I contacted the guy who had this car on Ebay and he has not sold it albeit the auction ended with a winning bidder.

Regards
Orinoco
pingu

M roadster S50

Post by pingu »

Orinoco wrote:I contacted the guy who had this car on Ebay and he has not sold it albeit the auction ended with a winning bidder.

Regards
Orinoco
How does that work, then?

Is he forfeiting his feedback rating and going to start again with new details?
Pingu
Deano1712
Z Register organiser

M roadster S50

Post by Deano1712 »

pingu wrote:
Orinoco wrote:I contacted the guy who had this car on Ebay and he has not sold it albeit the auction ended with a winning bidder.

Regards
Orinoco
How does that work, then?

Is he forfeiting his feedback rating and going to start again with new details?
Isnt it legally binding if the items sells with no reserve? I think its more than feedback that he is risking, if he is trying to get out of the deal.
nate247

M roadster S50

Post by nate247 »

Personally I couldn't see somebody having bought a car not long ago for so say £13k, then sell it for less than half the price. Thats a massive hit...

I know it happens but I just can't see it in this instance. No idea how he's gonna get out of his auction though...!
whiteminks

M roadster S54

Post by whiteminks »

I expect if the worst that can normally happen is being banned from ebay under that name, then who knows?

Usually people are careful enough to put ' this item is for sale elsewhere so may be sold before the auction end'. However I didn't see anything to indicate that.

I guess legally, it will depend on whether whoever was the highest bidder is prepared to take legal action.

On the other hand the prospective buyer may have pulled out, which sometimes happens.
big cheesy wrote:'I nearly cacked my trolleys till I quickly tuned in'. Yorkshire Cruise 2008.
pingu

M roadster S50

Post by pingu »

The seller has 60 positives and 100% feedback, so he's throwing away alot of ratings.

I doubt if the buyer is going to not buy at that price unless it's his "mate" boosting the price (a common practice in the dealer world).

Watch out for positive feedback on the sale on his profile.

Need to wait to see if it's advertised again and at what price.
Pingu
exdos

M coupe S54

Post by exdos »

Although I'm not legally qualified, as I understand, the seller could be sued by the buyer if the seller won't conclude the deal. The buyer could either ask the court to make the seller conclude the sale by handing over the car or alternatively ask that the seller should pay the buyer the bid price as compensation plus and additional sum in damages for loss of enjoyment.

What's the loss to the seller in losing 60 positive feedbacks? The seller can reregister with ebay with another username and start all over again from scratch.
321bhp

Not specified

Post by 321bhp »

ive done this a few times just get a mate to keep bidding on it,say you really want £100 for an item your selling,get amate to bid up to £99,if i sells great if it dont and your mate wins it,you pretend that you have sent it he and you give feedback,then about a few weeks later your mate lists it again all looks cosher,its easy done ,i think thats what happened to the zm

sorry but were a crafty lot in essex :lol: :lol: :lol:
c_w

M roadster S50

Post by c_w »

321bhp wrote:ive done this a few times just get a mate to keep bidding on it,say you really want £100 for an item your selling,get amate to bid up to £99,if i sells great if it dont and your mate wins it,you pretend that you have sent it he and you give feedback,then about a few weeks later your mate lists it again all looks cosher,its easy done ,i think thats what happened to the zm

sorry but were a crafty lot in essex :lol: :lol: :lol:
:roll: sounds like the beginning of the end as it defeats the whole point of ebay :lol: . You should use LOOT or if you want a price for it otherwise don't use Ebay as it's an AUCTION! if you want a minimum price put a reserve on it!
321bhp

Not specified

Post by 321bhp »

or i know some people who run 2 ebay accounts from 1 pc,and they just bid on their own items,pushing the price up,or you can dothis but its very sneeky

say you want to buy an item for £100 from someone,first you put your top bid on of £100,then you push up the price on the other off your ebay accounts to £150,then all the other people watching or bidding on it lose interest ,then you retract your £150 bid,leaving the £100 bid you put on with your first account,other people who were interested are no longer looking as they think the price is still £150,then hopefully you will get it for £100,

sneeky,but its the bloody credit crunch,its no differant than stock traders do in the city
c_w

M roadster S50

Post by c_w »

lol. The problem is you'll probably end up buying your own stuff back. :lol: