New M Roadster bought at last

For the M Powered Z3 derivatives
poundrick

M roadster S54

New M Roadster bought at last

Post by poundrick »

I have at last found an M Roadster, all being well I am viewing and buying the car on Friday, take a look at the advert on Pistonheads and please let me know if I have made a good choice.

http://www.pistonheads.com/SALES/1026708.htm
Last edited by poundrick on Wed 17 Jun, 2009 10:31, edited 1 time in total.
Orinoco

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Orinoco »

Looks very nice

Regards
Orinoco
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

Poundrick

Looks very nice, have you actually bought it as says sold on Pistonheads ??
Happiness is not around the corner........happiness is the corner
Image Video or Journal Garage: 2015 FFRR Black Edition, Porsche Boxster GTS, 1997 Porsche Carrara C4S, Ex 2001 BMW S54 Z3m Roadster
Katie_K

M roadster S50

Post by Katie_K »

Whats the mileage ?
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

It has been for sale for a couple of months. The Ad says Breyton wheels? look more like Cruise 134's to me but I could be wrong.

The car looks in fantastic shape, check the history, phone Evolve for more detail on the Remap.

Above all, if you are happy with the car and the price then go for it :wink:
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
Alex L

Other roadster

Post by Alex L »

They're defo Breytons
Z3M Jason

M coupe S50

Post by Z3M Jason »

Looks like Tomlins to me.....nice car!!
Z3M Coupe:- MAC Motoren Airbox, MAF Removed, Prospeed Full system with race cats, Full Dyno setup & Live Remap, 18" BBS LM's,
AC Schnitzer Race Coilovers, H&R Anti Roll Bars + Drop Links, Recaro Pole Position seats, Sparco Steering Wheel, Strut Brace, Porsche Calipers/CSL disc Conversion + Custom made rear discs, Braided Lines, 3.46 Hawthorn Motorsport 40% LSD diff and Digital Racelogic TC (To follow).
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

These are Cruise 134 as fitted to Terrys car

Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
poundrick

M roadster S54

Post by poundrick »

Cheers for the feedback, the wheels should defo be Breytons, Ill know on Friday when I check through all the paperwork for the car, Ive completed an HPI check today and everything looks okay no dodgy history, just need to check through all the service history and make sure everything matches.

The guy comes across as a real car enthusiast and its the 2nd M Roadster he has owned, I was a dubious when he said he lives in the middle east, but he seems like a nice chap and confirmed the previous owners and ran through all the paperwork on the phone etc.

Last thing I am going to do is give Evolve a call to check out the work they have done on the car, does anyone have any experience of using them at all.

He has taken 9k for the car with 66k on the clock so I am pretty happy with the deal, hopefull I should enjoy the drive back from Cambridge on Friday afternoon with the roof down.
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

poundrick

I've used Evolve for an induction kit and remap. They are pretty well know for BMW tuning and did a lot of work on the Z3m (thats why I used them).

They are members on this forum so I'm sure if you explain to them why your asking they will confirm what they thought of the car/ what was done.

Good luck, looks like a nice example

(ps have you specifically asked about the Vanos & spot welds in the boot? - if they don't know what your going on about ask them to send you a photo of the boot with te carpet removed under the CD changer - there are examples on my post here Diff mount failure
Happiness is not around the corner........happiness is the corner
Image Video or Journal Garage: 2015 FFRR Black Edition, Porsche Boxster GTS, 1997 Porsche Carrara C4S, Ex 2001 BMW S54 Z3m Roadster