Need bumper respraying - where to go?

For the M Powered Z3 derivatives
JohnSmith

M roadster S50

Need bumper respraying - where to go?

Post by JohnSmith »

Like a tool I managed to do the following to my front bumper when putting my car in the garage. It's quite deep towards the top so will need some 'paste' to give it it's shape at the top then requires a respray.

Can anyone recommend a good place for this? I won't go near BMW for it as their prices are a joke and I don't trust them anyway.

Ideally I need a place which knows the correct depth of clear coat etc.

I am in South Yorkshire if anywhere is local. I could remove the bumper if anywhere is further.
JohnSmith

M roadster S50

Post by JohnSmith »

Oh, and bonus points for anyone who can tell me the part number of that offside side light that managed to explode when it hit the wall.
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

Can't help with paintshops in yarkshire, but the part is shown below:

Additional lights and side marker lights - BMW parts catalog

Part #5 - right hand yellow is 63.14.8.389.696 and white is 63.14.8.400.410 - approx £15-18 and includes new bulb and holder.

It appears to be exactly the same part on all models, but it would really really help if you could put your exact model and year into your profile please.

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
JohnSmith

M roadster S50

Post by JohnSmith »

Thanks for that. Robert, it's an S reg Z3M roadster.

These guys have a good reputation locally so think I'll give them a look http://www.autofinishers.co.uk/index.htm
Desiro

M roadster S50

Post by Desiro »

I just had some panels painted at Arena Paint and Panel, Sheffield.
A little review here http://www.bodyshopmag.com/features/feature.php?id=1853

I'm very pleased with the work they did for me.
I took some before photos and they took some progress photos which they are going to email me after the holiday.
Tomorrow I will take some after photos. I may write a little review if anyone is interested.

Otherwise pm me if you want to see the photo's
Canman

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Canman »

hi i had mine done this winter, a spray shop in barnsley did for me. cost £200 which inc painting my asc rear diffuser . i took the bumper off and took it too them. would highly recommend. the number is 01226 770044 its off stairfoot roundabout.

Please help. The money will go to a good cause. email me for the link to my fundraising page.