FS Z3M S50 Blue Autotrader

For the M Powered Z3 derivatives
G2JRP

M roadster S50

FS Z3M S50 Blue Autotrader

Post by G2JRP »

Had a veiwing on the Blue Z3M Roadster at Ipswich on Autotrader. Nice car but has one on the spot welds in the boot with rust on it. Does this mean the boot floor is a problem?

Has anyone looked at the black one in West Yorkshire on Pistonheads?
ImageImageImage

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Desiro

M roadster S50

Re: FS Z3M S50 Blue Autotrader

Post by Desiro »

G2JRP wrote:Had a veiwing on the Blue Z3M Roadster at Ipswich on Autotrader. Nice car but has one on the spot welds in the boot with rust on it. Does this mean the boot floor is a problem?

Has anyone looked at the black one in West Yorkshire on Pistonheads?
Which one of the 9 blue Z3M roadsters do you mean?
G2JRP

M roadster S50

Post by G2JRP »

It is the one which is for sale by Lindacre.
ImageImageImage

Desiro

M roadster S50

Post by Desiro »

The rusty boot welds are a good indicator that the problem is there.

there are lots of posts on here with photo's of all the stages so try a search to see what you can find.

On a positive note if every thing else was good about the car I would try to negotiate a hefty discount and have an inexpensive repair done like freelandm did.

good luck
G2JRP

M roadster S50

Post by G2JRP »

Hi, had a chat with the guy, price is not negotiable!!! the car was nice, but had a dent on driver rear quarter, although due a service which would be done, last service was nearly 3 years ago.

I will not be progressing any further and will look for something else, shame as it was only 12 miles from work.

For other people interested it was only one weld gone and only just rusting.

the search continues!!! :lol: It would also help if I sold mine :head:
ImageImageImage

flames247

M roadster S50

Post by flames247 »

Hi G2JRP,

I was the first to go and see this, he mentioned someone local with a Z3 2.8 (clearly you) who was going to view it if I didnt buy it........ small world!

I also noted the rusty boot weld.. but as it was just the one... I would not be put off.... but you would probably want to get that reinforced sooner rather than later.

Another niggle was the 1 green light left, and at the millage is due the inspection 2 soon so again, another £500 for that.

I didnt buy it as I could not get a good price on my Z3....... so will be waiting till next year now before I get another Z3M now.

I had a good look at the vanos unit too..... definately looks like its been off in the past...... never looked through the reciepts he had with it but that may or may not have been changed in the past.. it was nice a quite though so no probs with it.

Regards,

Adam
G2JRP

M roadster S50

Post by G2JRP »

Hi flames

I see your the guy from Southampton who he told me that will probably comeback and buy if I do not. As you said small world!!!

I do agree with you on the weld but would not negotiate even though I pointed out the dent at the back

He would also not give me much for mine, The car did not have any invoices just the stamped service book, which I thought was due an inspection 2 but they felt it only needed an inspection 1.

I am now thinking about Black if you see any please let me know, if they are not of any interest to you!

Happy hunting
ImageImageImage