Extended/New warranty

For the M Powered Z3 derivatives
Hylts

M roadster S54

Extended/New warranty

Post by Hylts »

Hi,

Just condisdering getting a new warranty for my MRoadster S54 (nice to know there's only 79 of them :) only 23000 miles.

Bought mine new from Belgium exactly 3 years ago (is it 79 actually built hence includes mine or 79 bought in the UK ) - so as I understand it came with only 1 year warranty - I haven't extended it at all and haven't needed too but just thinking maybe I should now.

Does anyone know if BMW will do a warranty for it even though I haven't extended it from the import 1 year warranty time?
Or any recommendations on 3rd party companies that offer warranty?
And cost?

Been out of action for a week or so due to a flat and no-one having 265/30/19 tyres but today got 4 new P-Zero Neros and it feels like new again!!!

Cheers,
Hylton
321bhp

Not specified

hi

Post by 321bhp »

Last edited by 321bhp on Wed 18 Aug, 2004 20:29, edited 2 times in total.
Phil

M roadster S54

Warranty

Post by Phil »

There were only 79 S54 engined RHD models made.
Warranty through BMW is only possible as a continuation of the original . You cannot let it lapse and then start it again. So a BMW warranty is not possible on your car, as I understand it.
Sapphire black/Imola red and black interior/ red roof/ S54 - the only RHD one made.

"The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire."
Bryn
Z Register member

BMW convertible

Post by Bryn »

You could always try one of the companies advertised below.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/CARS/motori ... centre.jsp

Hope these help :-)
TonyCal

blank.gif

Post by TonyCal »

I went with private car warranties for mine, heard some bad reports about the warranties direct cover.
You would need to phone for a quote though as the online quote system would not allow for main dealer labour rate.
Hope this helps.