Another one bites the dust.

For the M Powered Z3 derivatives
freelandm

M roadster S50

Another one bites the dust.

Post by freelandm »

Gutted doesn't even come close..

I haven't been able to look at Zroadster since 30th May when we managed to park the car into a telegraph pole and dry stone wall.

30 MPH, diesel and wet road combo did the trick we were going up an incline into a right hander there was nothing we could do to keep the car on the road it happened so fast at least there were no other people involved walking or driving thank the lord.

So V560 LOK is a total loss to the insurers and prices seem to have increased as usual with the summer months and looking around to replace that car we would be looking at what i paid for it 3 years ago.

It has been a great car and loved every minute however i cannot see me getting another S50 i would probably go S54 but funds will not allow that at the moment so untill then i will be signing out and a massive thankyou to all on ZROADSTER.NET brilliant site with proper people thanks to all.

Kind Regards
Matt
Last edited by freelandm on Wed 15 Jun, 2011 12:28, edited 2 times in total.
aceman

M roadster S50

Post by aceman »

Sorry to hear your woes Matt and I hope the oportunity to get back in the seat of a zed comes sooner rather than later for you. No need to feel the need to leave the forum though I can't keep away from the place due to all the good people and friends I have made on here which has resulted in me being determined to get back in a Z3.

All the best hope everything works out for you.
Aceman

Arctic Silver '98 Z3M

Previously;
Bright RED '99 Z3 2.8

Rocking seats ? You need seat bushes click HERE
Jewell

M roadster S50

Post by Jewell »

:bawl: That's the pits but you can talk to us even though you don't have a car :bawl:
freelandm

M roadster S50

Post by freelandm »

Cheers Aceman just so gutted at the moment and the insurers are getting on my nerves 7k is what they offered less excess and premium i will be on there case soonb but i am doing my F-gas course at the moment 3 days then i will get stuck into them.

It is my understanding that cap/glasses guide is trade in value or am i wrong?
freelandm

M roadster S50

Post by freelandm »

Hi Jewell

Dont worry i will be around but ENVY is a terribe thing..
G2JRP

M roadster S50

Post by G2JRP »

Hi,

I work in the trade and CAP Clean is the trade in Price and CAP Retail is the price on the forecourt. We do not use Glasses but it will be similar.

A M Roadster is not a CAP car anymore as the price in the guide is about £5k last time I looked!!!

I would speak to BMW car club as they would be able to give you an independant valuation.
ImageImageImage

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
aceman

M roadster S50

Post by aceman »

A friend of mine had a sinilar experience with his insurers after his car was wrote off after and uninsured driver t-boned him. He ended up trawling through autotrader, ebay etc. and bombarding them with examples which matched his as closely as he could and kept saying to them you find me one with the same spec and condition and then I will consider your offer. He won in the end but took him severalm months to get there.

Fight them all the way as they will be after the lowest payout possible.
Aceman

Arctic Silver '98 Z3M

Previously;
Bright RED '99 Z3 2.8

Rocking seats ? You need seat bushes click HERE
freelandm

M roadster S50

Post by freelandm »

Thanks Guys,

I am i the mood for it too, the car has had a lot of money spent on it insp2, boot floor sorted, alloys refurbed, bumper painted, bottom end re-shelled, it was worth top money in my opinion, i searched for a long time to get the car in that spec full black interior, AC short shift kit from factory, side air bags, HK sounds, 58k miles facelift model, i am going for a :bawl:
pingu

M roadster S50

Post by pingu »

Sorry to read about your loss.

Have you receipts for all those expenses?

Lose ANY receipts for undeclared mods (even the AC short shift gear knob) and show them the rest. [edit] just read it was factory fitted. Get the factory build list. You can get that from the chassis number at any dealer.

As the car was older than 10 years old it won't be in the book, so you will have to convince them with adverts, receipts and any other evidence you can think of.

Do you have any recent photos showing that it was in pristine condition?
Pingu
Geoff H

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Geoff H »

freelandm wrote:It is my understanding that cap/glasses guide is trade in value or am i wrong?

Yes, Caps & Glass's are what the trade use to price cars, they list a trade value but also a GC Retail price. These are only guides, most traders know what sells well and give "over book" for it, and stuff that does sell well give a "under book" price. Things like colour also come into it, but not any work done on it. The prices given do vary between Caps and Glass's. Caps seems to be used more in the Midlands upwards and Glass's used more in the South. A good example was when the Z3 first came out they were going for £1000 "over book" I've not dabbled in cars for a while now so don't have any old books here to check what the prices were a couple of years ago, but as said in a earlier post yours will be too old now to be listed.
freelandm

M roadster S50

Post by freelandm »

Thanks again

Pingu I have lots of snaps of the car, Geoff what is my angle then as Pingu says plenty of photographs and evidence of expenditure?
GazHyde

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by GazHyde »

When my 525d was written off in December, the loss adjuster said he used Autotrader as a better guide as to prices.

After a quick chat as to what I was expecting, he went and did a bit of research on AT and came back with an offer which wasn't too bad considering.
flames247

M roadster S50

Post by flames247 »

Been there and got the t-shirt also, nothing worse than seeing your special M roadster as a write off.

Glad to hear you are OK that is the main thing after all.

After I crashed my S50 I said I would never have one again but just under 2 years later I do. Hopefully in time, you get back behind another one of these cars S50 or S54 :)

Keep pushing them on price, dont settle early despite how frustrating the process of getting money back can be.

Good luck and best wishes,

Adam
RemarkLima

M roadster S50

Post by RemarkLima »

Really gutted to hear that! At least you and everyone else is OK, from the couple of crashes I've had in the past it's always been the ultimate point... The car is only metal, as long as you're OK then that's all that really matters.

Good luck with the insurance, and there's also a rarity factor to consider with the M cars I'd think.
Geoff H

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Geoff H »

freelandm wrote:Thanks again

Pingu I have lots of snaps of the car, Geoff what is my angle then as Pingu says plenty of photographs and evidence of expenditure?
As has been said here don't accept the first or even second offer, look at adverts to see what the current asking price for cars of the same age and tell them that is what it is going to cost to replace it. They won't take any notice of what you have spent on it unless it was insured under a classic car policy which they agree a value for it when you first insure it. It will probably be a long drawn out process, I really hope it works out ok for you
corky

M roadster S50

sorry

Post by corky »

sorry to hear
I would be gutted too the car was a shinning example and with all the care to detail that you have put into it. What a loss of a good car

All the best
Regards
corky
freelandm

M roadster S50

Post by freelandm »

Thanks again for all the advice and kind words.

Finish the course tomorrow then it be maximum attack.

Regards Matt
hornel Z3M

blank

m

Post by hornel Z3M »

Really gutted to read your car is written off. I would be devastated. go for the throat with the insurance they are a pain in the a--e when they have to part with money, but very obliging when collecting. :head: get another one they are fantastic. :wink:
M3BMC

M roadster S50

How many left

Post by M3BMC »

Not seen this site before
http://howmanyleft.co.uk
Sorry if its been posted already, thought it may be of interest to some!